chapter forty-seven

May 4th - Great Hall 

Sirius woke up with a groan, the hangover hitting him instantly. Raising a hand to his face, he felt a bruise on his cheekbone, hissing when he applied too much pressure on the area. His knuckles were bloodied and split, more evidence of last nights' fight. He supposed Prewett thought he was insane, and the redhead wouldn't be completely wrong to believe that. 

He really didn't know why it had affected him that much, the fact that when Nephera was on a low point, she ran to Fabian instead of him. He supposed it was because Fabian could never understand, he hadn't gone through what they had, Prewett would never be able to truly help her, not like Sirius could. 

The raven-haired boy had proven that yesterday. Prewett may have gotten a few hits in, but at the end of the day, the redhead looked infinitely worse than Sirius did at the end of the fight. 

How did the fight end?

That part was still hazy for the raven-haired boy. One second, he was pummeling the other wizards' face in, and the next, he was being pulled away by someone he didn't recognize. After that, everything went blank and the next thing he knew he was waking up in his bed. 

Pulling himself further up, he saw that James and Remus were up, probably in the bathroom if the hushed voices were any indication, while Peter was still sleeping. 

"Morning Rocky," said Remus, coming out of the bathroom 

"Who?" grunted Sirius, "And does anyone have anything for the hangover?" 

James stepped into the room next, "You'll get it after you tell us what happened last night, and why we found you beating on Prewett," 

The eldest Black looked at his two friends questionably, "You were there?" he asked, "Wait, you were the ones that pulled me back?" 

"And it's a good thing we did," replied Remus, stripping his shirt to put on his uniform "What the hell got into you? The only time I've seen you this angry is with Lestrange, but we've always been fine with the Prewetts," 

"How did you even find me?" asked the boy, getting up and moving towards the bathroom 

It was Peter that spoke up this time, the mousy boy grunting as he was woken up by the rest, "That girl you were with last night, she knows Alice, and she told us that you were still at Hogsmead. We figured we'd join you for a few drinks-" 

James continued for Peter "But it looked like you had drunk enough for all four of us," 

"Alright, Moony where are you hiding the hangover potions we stashed a month ago?" 

"I'm not telling you until you tell us what happened! Do you have any idea how much trouble you'd be in if Wormy hadn't healed and obliviated him?" 

"Nothing happened," insisted the boy, brushing his teeth "I was drunk, he said some crap, we got into a fight. It's not like none of you have done it before, remember McLaggen, Prongs?" 

"Of course I remember that night, but that's only because he was talking shit about Lily-" the boy's eyes widened and he grinned as realization dawned on him "Did Prewett say something about Nephera?" 

The raven-haired boy rolled his eyes, but decided to tell them anyway, "Did you know that she was with them? The days she was missing?" 

"Really?" said Peter, butting Sirius to the side so he could stand in front of the mirror "I didn't think they were that close," 

"Well, they're close enough for her to ditch me for him and another meeting with Dumbledore," 

Remus laughed, tightening his tie, "So that's what this is, jealousy,"