taeyong - moving in

word count : 1,191

-

"bubu, where are we putting this?" you asked, holding the box that contained your record player and a few items for the living room.

"just leave it on the shelf over there," taeyong said. "let's just get everything into the rooms that they are supposed to be in. you don't need to start unpacking yet."

"okay, but be careful putting stuff in the dining room, the walls are still a little wet," you said to him.

he sighed, "we should've waited until the paint was completely dry."

you put the box down and walked over to him. you kissed his cheek, "it's fine. it'll probably be done drying by tonight or tomorrow."

"mommyyyyyy, i can't find my dinosaur!" a voice spoke from upstairs. you stepped into the hallway and looked up the staircase to see your son pouting.

"we have a lot of stuff to unpack, so you need to be patient. okay, baby?" you spoke. he nodded. "go outside and help your uncles."

your son carefully walked down the stairs. you patted his head as he walked past you and out the front door.

"i feel like he still doesn't like me," taeyong spoke.

"he likes you, trust me," you said and kissed his cheek again. both of you walked outside and saw the guys moving about.

"hey, noona, hyung, where do you want this box to go?" jeno asked, holding a box labeled "albums" in his arms.

"it can go in the office," taeyong answered.

"no, the photo albums are going in the living room," you said to taeyong.

"that's the box with the kpop albums, isn't it?" he asked.

you sighed, "just put it in the living room for now. we'll move it later if it's the box with the music albums."

"okay," jeno replied and walked past you guys.

you walked up to the box truck that had the rest of the boxes. johnny and yuta moved boxes and passed them to the guys who were going back and forth between the truck and the house.

"thank you for helping us. we really appreciate it," you said to johnny.

"of course, we don't mind at all," johnny replied. "besides, i get to see y/s/n. he's fun to play with."

"he does like it when he sees his uncles," you said to him and saw your son playing with haechan and mark on the lawn. "can i tell you something?" you asked johnny.

"what's up?" johnny asked.

"the other night before we started packing y/s/n's room. i came in and saw him drawing a picture for taeyong. he told me to buy a picture frame so he can give it to taeyong," you mentioned.

"really? he's finally opened up to taeyong?" johnny asked.

"he doesn't act like it, but yea," you answered. "his father was a douche, i think that's why he was iffy about taeyong when we started dating."

"hey, babe," taeyong called out to you and walked up to you, "we're going to pick up the food. do you want anything else? tea? lattè?"

"just get me tea," you answered and he nodded. "drive safe."

"we will," he said and left with kun, haechan, and lucas. 

"mommy!" y/s/n ran up to you and climbed into the box truck since haechan had gone with kun, taeyong and lucas. "i can't find the picture!" he said.

you crouches down, "the picture? which one? the one you made for taeyong?" he nodded.

"i want to give it to him today!" he exclaimed.

"i'm sure it's in one of your boxes. let's go look," you said to him and looked at johnny. "you guys need anything?"

"we're fine. go help him," johnny replied.

you and your son went back into the house and went upstairs to his new room. some of the boxes were open since he was playing in there earlier.

sungchan and jisung walked into the room. "hey, here's some more boxes," jisung spoke.

"thanks guys," you said to them. "baby, let's try this box, okay?" you said to your son as the two guys left the room.

"okay," y/s/n said and you opened the box. inside the box were stuffed animals with some books and a picture frame. "my picture!" y/s/n exclaimed and took the picture frame out of the box.

"do you want to give it to taeyong when he gets back?" you asked.

your son nodded.

"okay, well, you can play in here for a bit. your uncles are still moving stuff so i'm going to go see if they need help," you said to him.

"okay, mommy," your son replied and sat down on the floor where some of his toys were.

you left his room and went downstairs. as yuta placed a box down in the living room, you walked pass him.

"are there a lot of boxes left?" you asked him.

"no, there's only a few boxes left but they go in the garage," renjun replied. "i can help you unpack some stuff if you want."

"yea, that'd be nice," you said to him. you two started unpacking stuff for the living room.

eventually, the guys returned with food and everyone was in the backyard on the patio eating together.

"wipe your mouth. there's sauce on your face," you said to your son. he looked around for a napkin and taeyong handed him one.

"thank you," he spoke and wiped his face.

"so, are we allowed to come over whenever we want?" yuta asked.

"yea, can we?" haechan asked.

"we're together a lot. i wouldn't mind," you said, "but not too often. we have lives too, you know."

"can uncles come over for my birthday?" y/s/n asked you.

"do you want them to come over for your birthday?" you asked your son. he nodded his head, "then of course they can come to your birthday party."

"mommy," you son suddenly whispered and you leaned in to listen to him, "can i give taeyong the picture?"

you nodded, "yea, go get it."

you son got up and hurried back into the house.

"what is it? what is he getting?" taeyong asked you.

"just wait a second," you replied.

after about two minutes, your son came back with the picture frame and walked up to taeyong. he handed the picture frame to taeyong.

"woah, this looks so cool, bud," taeyong said to your son.

"i, um, i—" your son paused and got shy.

you patted his back, "don't be shy, it's okay."

"i made it for you, daddy. for you new office," your son said and everyone stared at your son. he got really shy again since it was the first time he called taeyong something else that wasn't his name.

taeyong put the picture frame down and opened his arms up. your son hugged him and taeyong hugged him tight, "thank you, y/s/n."

you managed to take a picture of them before they stopped hugging. the rest of the day was filled with joy since it was the beginning of a new journey for you, taeyong, and your son.