chenle - audition

word count : 401

-

"okay, you did well. you did good! yea! you did good," you said to yourself and tried to hype yourself up. "okay, no, you sounded like a dying fish. geez, what happened to you, y/n? you used to able to sing."

you sighed and leaned forward against a wall.

today you had auditioned for a company, but all your confidence went down the drain once you exited the audition.

"hey, you alright there?" you heard someone ask from behind.

"not really, but thanks for asking," you replied.

"wait, are you y/n?" the person asked. you stopped leaning against the wall and saw the person who was talking to you. "it is you!" a guy stood in front of you. he was taller than you and had black hair.

"who are you?" you asked.

"don't give me that! you know who i am!" the guy suddenly spoke in chinese to you. "does the name "zhong chenle" ring a bell?" he asked.

you immediately remembered who he was, your classmate from when you two went to school together. "ch-chenle!" you yelled and immediately looked around to see if anyone was around. "what are you doing here? are you a singer now?"

he nodded, "yea, i am." he laughed, "i'm so much taller than you now," he mentioned.

you crossed your arms, "gee, that'll make me feel better right now."

"what are you doing here anyways? last i heard, you went to university," chenle said to you.

you nodded, "yea. i go to school here, actually."

"here? you should've reached out to me!" he whined. "what are you doing here anyways?" he asked.

"oh, i had an audition..."

"really? an audition? here?" chenle asked and you nodded in confirmation. "it's about time!" he said to you. "you're amazing at singing. you should've auditioned earlier," he added and lightly punched your shoulder.

"well, we'll see what happens. i just did it on a whim," you said to him. "i'd be fine if i didn't make it, honestly."

"i think you will. you were always amazing, ever since we were little," chenle said. "are you hungry? i'll take you out for some food."

your eyes lit up, "food?"

he nodded and laughed, "you still act the same. yea, come on, let's go."

"if that's okay with you, sure," you said to him and both of you left the hallway to leave the building.