xiao jun - sick

word count : 638

-

"you have got to be kidding me..." you muttered and put the thermometer on your nightstand. you laid back down in your bed and pulled your blanket over you.

you grabbed your phone from the edge of your bed and saw text messages on it.

08:05 am

xiao jun

[ xiao jun]
where are you? did the
subway run late?

hurry up, the gate's gonna
close soon.

did you die?

i'm lonely :((

okay, but seriously, where
are you?

[ y/n ]
sick.

you put your phone down and closed your eyes so you could rest a bit more. after a bit, you heard your phone ring and reached for your phone. you looked at the screen and saw xiao jun calling you.

"hello?" you groggily spoke as you answered the call.

"hey, i'll be there after class," xiao jun immediately said to you.

"you shouldn't come here. i'll be fine on my own," you said to him.

"you can fight me later on this. i'm coming over after school," he said. "i gotta go, the next class is starting. i ordered you food so make sure to eat it and take some medicine if you have some."

"okay," you replied.

"love you, baby," xiao jun said to you.

"love you more," you said to him.

"okay. just wait till the food gets there. don't strain yourself. see you later," he instructed you.

"bye."

"bye, baby."

the call ended and you placed your phone back on your bed. a smile cracked on your face.

he's so sweet to me. i really have the best boyfriend in the whole entire world.

you rested some more but woke up when you heard your phone go off. you looked at the screen and saw a text saying food was delivered. you managed to get out of bed and go to your front door. you opened the door and saw a plastic bag on the floor.

you picked the bag up and closed the door before going into the living room. you sat on the couch and opened the bag, that was now sitting on the coffee table.

still warm...

you took out the containers of the bag and opened one of the containers, which contained soup. you drank some soup and took medicine that was in a cabinet in the kitchen.

eventually, you fell asleep again.

you woke up and opened your eyes. you sensed someone next to you and looked to see xiao jun doing homework with two textbooks sitting on his lap.

"xiao jun? what are you doing here?" you groggily asked.

"i told you i was coming here after school," he said. he put his hand on your forehead, "your fever still hasn't broken yet."

"you shouldn't be here," you said to him.

"i'm taking care of you so shut up," he said, "i highly doubt i'm going to catch a fever from you. i never get sick."

"don't jinx yourself," you said.

xiao jun put his homework down on the table and stood up.

"no, don't leave me," you whined and reached out to him.

"says the one that just told me not to be here. i'm just getting you something to drink and some food. i bought more on my way here," he responded and walked into your kitchen. after a few minutes, xiao jun came back with food and drinks. "here, eat."

"thank you," you said as he gave you a bowl and chopsticks. you and xiao jun ate together and he went back to doing his homework. "did you get my homework for me?" you asked.

he nodded, "i left it on your desk. there wasn't a lot though. today was pretty easy."

"thank you," you said to him and he looked at you.

"anything for you," he said and kissed the top of your head.