shotaro - rainy day

word count : 595

-

you had just left work and decided to walk home since the weather was nice...or so you thought.

as you crossed a street, rain started to pour. you immediately ran underneath the closet awning and sighed in disbelief.

"looks like catching up on anime will have to wait..." you said to yourself.

you turned around and saw that you were in front of a store that sells plants. you went inside the store and looked around in amazement.

"hello," one of the workers spoke.

"hello," you quietly replied and started looking around.

you passed by another worker who placed a tray with potted plants down on a table, "are you looking for anything specific?" he asked.

"i'm just looking right now," you replied.

he nodded with a smile, "let me know if you need anything."

you continued looking around and picked up a small succulent.

"maybe two couldn't hurt," you said to yourself and picked up another succulent from the table in front of you. "did the rain stop yet?" you quietly asked and looked out of the windows of the store but only saw the rain still pouring.

"were you trying to get out of the rain?" the worker who was fixing the plants on the tray next to you asked.

you nodded, "yea, i was on my way home, but it just started raining out of the blue."

"oh no," the worker said and moved a plant, "do you need an umbrella?"

"i have one, i just left it at home," you replied.

"dang," he frowned, "i'm sorry."

"don't be sorry! i got to come in here and look at all of the plants so it's fine," you reassured him, "speaking of plants, when was the last time these succulents were watered? i'll be purchasing these two, maybe a third."

the worker placed the pot in his hands on the table. "let me go check," he said and walked to the area where the register was. you saw him grab a small book and walk back to you. "this one probably needs to be watered soon, but this one was watered two weeks ago so it should be fine. succulents don't really need that much water. just use your best judgement."

"okay, thank you for letting me know," you said.

"yea, no problem," he smiled at you and you smiled back.

you looked around and saw an aloe plant sitting on a shelf. you decided to get the aloe vera as well. you went to the counter, where another work was.

"all set?" the worker asked.

you nodded, "yep."

the worker rang you up and you paid for the plants.

"thank you," you said as the worker handed your a small carrier for the plants.

"you're welcome. have a nice day," the worker said to you.

"you too," you said and started heading towards the entrance. you immediately noticed that it had stopped raining and stepped outside.

"hey, the rain stopped," the worker from earlier said to you as he watered the plants that were under the awning.

you laughed, "yea, it did. lucky for me."

"you should come by again. we're supposed to be getting more plants on friday," he said to you.

"if i can, i will," you replied.

"my name is shotaro," he suddenly introduced himself.

"my name is y/n," you introduced yourself. "i should be going. it was nice to meet you, shotaro. have a nice day," you said and waved with a smile.

"you too," he replied and smiled at you before you started walking away.