9.14

TW: SEXUAL ASSAULT AND CHILD MOLESTATION

if this seems triggering to you, feel free to skip to the next chapter

——

The room was spinning around her. It was spinning, and she was frozen in place. It was him.

Ian. The face now had a name.

As the man explained what had happened with her son, the sound came muffled to Helena, almost as if she was underwater.

"-but his pain got so bad I had to come in, despite the storm." He finished, his eyes still in Helena, still speaking as a normal, worried parent.

"Helena?" Callie called out, approaching her. "They want a consult at the NICU, can you go?"

At that, Helena snapped out of her thoughts, the room around her almost coming back into focus. Forcing her eyes to leave the man's face, the short girl muttered.

"E-excuse me."

Turning her back away from the man and his child, Helena forced her legs to move, to take her as far away from him as she could.

As she rushed to the nearest bathroom, she could hear Callie call out behind her, in worry. "Lena?"

She couldn't react. She could barely recognize that her name was being called, as the surgeon barged into the bathroom. Moving to the nearest stall, Helena took a couple deep breaths, before bending over and emptying her stomach's contents.

She felt a hand pulling her hair out of her face, as she felt Callie's other hand rubbing soothing circles on her back.

As Helena's head come back up, the wiped her mouth with the back of her face, as a couple hot tears rolled down her eyes.

"Hey, hey, what was that?" Callie asked, her voice soft.

Looking at the woman with tear filled eyes, Helena opened her mouth to speak then, closing it back again, as she realized she couldn't do it without sobbing.

"Lena?" Callie called out once more.

As a pager went off, Helena glanced down at hers, as she read out. "I-it's Mer. She's going into labor."

The small girl simply got up from her position, forcing her legs to move to the sink. She looked at herself in the mirror, taking a couple deep breaths as she wiped the tears from her cheeks.

"I'm ok. I'm fine." She confirmed, with a nod, almost trying to convince herself, as she stormed out of the bathroom, leaving Callie behind, a look of confusion in her face.

——

"Figures you'd go into labor in the middle of a super storm." Cristina told the blond woman, as Helena entered the room. "Ok, we need to go over your birth plan. We never talked details."