Ch 11. Free him or let him rot?

Damon growled as he tried to sit up straight, his neck at an unnatural angle

Damon growled as he tried to sit up straight, his neck at an unnatural angle. Failing, as it felt like all the strength in his body had disappeared, he just gave up going back to laying on the muddy surface. Gawking at his surroundings he eventually realised where he was. The cell in the basement. Damn it! Before he could think over what the hell did he do for him to end up in this situation he caught a glimpse of Stefan standing by the cell barrier.

At the abrupt feel of something missing, Damon looked down at his left hand only to find his daylight ring missing. In a fit of rage, he demanded voice cracking from the lack of blood, "Where is my ring?".

"Won't be needing it anymore", Stefan answered not even slightly fazed by his anger.

"How long have I been here?", he continued to question the angry in his voice still evident even though he was running out of breath.

"Three days", Stefan answered remaining placid.

"What are you doing?", Damon asked though he had a pretty good idea of what was going on. Yet he was slightly relieved at the fact that not many days had passed and he still has time to work on his plan. There wasn't much time for the Night of the Comet Festival, where he planned to open the tomb door and be reunited with Katherine. If only he could find a way out.

"During the dark ages when a vampire's actions threatened to expose or bring harm upon the entire race, they would face judgment. They sought to reeducate them rather than to punish them", his younger brother said capturing Damon's attention. The history lesson that no one asked for cause him to roll his eyes.

"You know what will happen if I don't...feed on blood", he implored with much difficulty, successful cutting off Stefan rant.

"You'll grow weaker and weaker. Eventually, you won't be able to move or speak. In a week your skin will desiccate, and you'll mummify. A living corpse. Unable to hurt anyone. EVER", Stefan declared openly, stressing on the last statement.

"So what, you're just going to leave me in the basement, forever?", Damon asked in disbelief.

"I've injected you with enough vervain to keep you weak. Once your circulation stops, I'll move you to the family crypt, and then in 50 years, we can re-evaluate", his younger brother replied prompting the dark-haired vampire to scoff in return.

"Sure Stefan after 50-60 years. I will forget all about you caging and desiccating me then we will hug it out, getting right back to being good old pals. Thereafter, we will both go on to write a book together. The Brotherhood of the Salvatores", he sassed with a husky tone still somewhat breathless, annoyed with Stefan sanguinity. Like that was believable. They both know that them being on the same page will never happen again.

"That's sound perfect actually", Stefan said sarcastically.

"I'm stronger than you think".