| 10 |

Taehyung's surprise

The pair blinks in confusion a couple of times as they register what the boy just said.

"What are you talking about Taehyung?"

"Well, it's better if I just show you." He says, a boxy grin on his face as he scratches the back of his head. "Come on! Hop on!"

"Okay?" They say exchanging a confused glance, slowly and hesitantly approaching the boy as he shifts.

"Are you sure this is okay?" EunAe asks.

"Yes." He answers with a nod, eager to take off.

"Alright then." Namjoon says, helping the girl mount onto the boy's back followed by him.

"Hold on tight." Taehyung says, grinning as he takes off.

The pair feel their heart go up as the griffin shifter raises up in the air, butterflies filling their stomachs as the wind wildly thrashes against them.

After a few minutes, the pair let out a simultaneous breath of relief as the wind calms down, the boy moving from side to side along with the wind currents in a more stabilized and calm manner.

"We're here." Taehyung announces after a while, slowly descending onto the grass, a small cabin visible a few meters away. "Welcome to my home!"

"It's lovely." EunAe compliments, a little out of breath as her feet come into contact with the ground.

"You must be Taehyung's friends." An old man greets, the pair bowing respectfully as they greet him in return.

"Come," the old man says, motioning them over with his hand. "We have much to talk about."

How much does he know? Namjoon wonders, nervously swallowing as he follows him. Taehyung said that he knows something that could help with his shifts. But what it could it be?

"Come on." EunAe says in a soft tone, intertwining her fingers with his for reassurance, her eyes hopeful and filled with curiosity as they near the cabin.

"Um, if you don't me asking," Namjoon starts, "where are we?" He asks looking around, noticing how different the air feels.

"You noticed." The old man says with a faint smile. "You're in a safe place. I'll explain more in a bit. Have a seat please." He adds, gesturing to a wooden bench outside his home.

"I'll get straight to the point." The man says. "Taehyung told me that you're having some difficulty with your shifting, yes?"

"Yes sir." Namjoon answers truthfully, his gaze fixed on the wooden table as speaks. "He said that he knows something that can help."

"We do have something that can help." He confirms. "Come with me."

Together, Namjoon follows the man as he walks towards the center of the open terrain, his hands behind his back as he looks at him.

"Can you shift for me boy?" The man asks, Namjoon's eyes widening upon hearing his request.

"Um...I don't think that's such a good idea sir."