[5] - 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘥 𝘱𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘺𝘢

• • 1970's • •

DR. NIELSON LISTENED IN using his stethoscope. He nodded as he placed the drum on various parts of Wanda's stomach. Y/N sat beside his wife while Vision leaned against the sofa watching it all unfold.

"Yep!" The Doctor abruptly said, putting away the stethoscope, "You're definitely pregnant."

Wanda chuckled nervously, "Well, that much we figured."

"It's just kinda sudden." Y/N began to say before turning to Wanda, "Quite suddenly, wasn't it? I mean, practically overnight."

"How did this happen?" Vision chimed in.

Dr. Nielson shook his head before giving his explanation, "You see, when a man and a woman love each other very much..."

Y/N shot a look at both his wife and brother before the former interrupted the doctor.

"Well, we're just tickled pink, or blue." Wanda chuckled as she got up from the sofa.

"You're about four months now. Is that right?" He asked her.

Y/N stood beside Wanda and shook his head, not seeing that she was doing the opposite and nodding. Once he noticed, he quickly nodded with her in agreement.

"I thought as much." Dr. Nielson said, "We let the little ladies keep tabs on their growing babies with fruit. Makes it simple for them."

Wanda glanced at Y/N after the doctor's remark. He kept explaining his fruit tactic.

"At four months, the fetus is about as big as a pear. At five months, a papaya. Six, a grapefruit. Seven, pineapple. Eight, honeydew."

"Hypothetically speaking, what size fruit would it be at, say, hmm, 12 hours?" Y/N asked as he placed his hands on his waist.

"Uh, pardon? 12 hours?" He asked.

"Well, I think this line of questioning is fruitless." Wanda said with a chuckle.

"Y/N has a swell point. Hypothetically speaking, should we be concerned?" Vision asked.

The doctor chuckled and pat Vision on the shoulder, "Hypothetically speaking, people tend to get nervous. That goes for uncles-to-be like you."

"Well, I have nerves of steel, so there goes your theory, Mr. Doctor."

Y/N put an arm around the synthezoid and nervously chuckled, "Vis, why don't we see the doctor out?"

He gave a smile, "Sure! All right."

The two started to walk the doctor out the door, "Thank you so much for dropping by, Dr. Nielson." Y/N said.

"Well, I'm just glad you caught me in time. I'm taking the wife on vacation this afternoon."

"Oh! Have a nice holiday." Vision said. Y/N looked to his left and saw his neighbor by his bushes, "Hey, Herb!"

"Hey, buddy!" He called out.

Y/N turned back around and faced the doctor, "Listen, you can keep the news of Wanda's...pregnancy...just between us because, uh, I don't know...everything's happening so quickly. We'd like to keep the news just in family for right now."

"Of course." He zipped his lips, "Mum's the word."

Y/N laughed along with Vision as he continued.

"I'm off. Bermuda, baby!"

The doctor walked off, and Y/N looked back at Herb. He rose a brow as he noticed him cutting into the concrete barrier with his hedge-trimmer.