i'm here - dream

"You're having really bad anxiety"

and

"Can you do one with Dream comforting the reader who is having a panic attack?"

Requested by 555mharulesalex_isgirly

- TW:// Panic attacks and suicidal ideation mention :) be careful and take care of ur mental health

"I can't do this shit anymore," you slid down the wall, your hands covering your face as you hit the ground. You were so sick of everything; people, work, people, planning things, people, your parents, people.

The more you sat in silence, the more thoughts entered and clouded your mind, shrouding your judgement in a thick fog that turned to despair and anger. Your throat closed up and your eyes pinpricked with tears, wondering if life was really worth living anymore. Your therapist helped, but ultimately your thoughts never went away, just went to the back of your mind.

Before doing anything rash, you reached into your pocket, slipping your phone out and heading to the text conversation with your boyfriend. You quickly text him an emoji, your codeword for when you're having a bad time, and he immediately responded, saying he was coming home and that his boss could go suck it. It made you smile.

You stayed catatonic on the floor for half an hour, shaking and rocking, reminding yourself that Clay was coming home soon and that you just had to hold out for a little longer. As if on que, the front door burst open, your boyfriend rushing through and pausing as he sees you sitting on the floor, your face red and breathing erratic.

Firstly, he reaches a hand out, hovering over your shoulder, "Can I touch you?" The blonde asks, not wanting you to spiral any further.

Desperate for physical attention you nod fervently, making haste to bury your face in his green hoodie. He stroked your hair softly, rubbing your back when another round of tears bubbled up. "I- I'm getting you- your favourite hoodie d-damp," you blubber, but don't pull away. You knew he wouldn't let you anyway, and would instead just hold you tighter, and that's exactly what he did.

"A hoodie is replaceable, but you're not," he murmured, sounding teary-eyed himself, "I don't know what I'd do without you, Y/N."

"Play Minecraft all day?" you suggest, trying to cheer both of you up.

"Well... when you put it like that," he jests, about to let go of you when you grab him tighter. "Okay, message received!"

"I love you, Clay."

"I love you too, Y/N."