07

Maggie let herself fall into a sitting position on the curb, silent tears running down her face. She believed that if she had been more aware of what was going on around her, she probably wouldn't have lost her best friend in the hoard of people. Or, that what she wanted to believe rather than the fact that Percy may have walked off on his own without telling. He hadn't called for her. He left her behind and alone.

A few minutes later, Grover came out of the restroom.

"Are you okay? What happened to Percy?" he asked her. Magnolia could hear a hint of desperation in his voice when he asked about Percy.

"I don't know!" She cried. One minutes he was right next to me and then he was gone!"

"Oh, gods, no."

"What? What's wrong."

"You've probably noticed by now, I don't know why Mr. Brun... I mean Chiron... kept you out of the loop, you hang out with him the most, but Percy's most definitely a demigod. Mrs. Dodds was real, she was a fury, Alecto." he stumbled over a few of his words as she spoke. "Oh, Magnolia, I think there's a monster after him!"

"Di immortales, Grover! Why couldn't you have said anything sooner!" Magnolia stood up and rubbed her face harshly trying to rid the world of the evidence she had been crying. "He's going to need our help."

"Don't you need to get your suitcase?" he asked just as the girl had begun to pull them toward the road.

Without even looking back, Magnolia answered. "No, I have clothes at camp, besides, I think I needed a wardrobe change anyways."

Before Magnolia could drag him any farther, Grover changed direction. This time, he was the one almost pulling his friend's arm off.

"Grover! What the heck!" she grumbled. "Where are we going?"

Grover waited until Maggie caught up to him before answering her. "The woods, we need some of your nature magic."