12

Annabeth was annoyed with the boy in front of her. He drooled in his sleep, talked like an idiot, and go himself into more trouble than she had thought humanly possible 

Clarisse had come up to them moments before to carry out the stupid initiation thing that she had come up with a few years back. Annabeth was glad she had never had to deal with it, though she was confident that she would be able to kick Clarisse's butt. At first, she had a little faith in him because the kid who beat the minotaur would surely not have any problems taking care of this.

She really wished she could take back those thoughts when Clarisse began to drag him to the bathrooms.

Exactly two minutes and thirty four seconds later, Annabeth was attacked by a wave of bathroom water and Clarisse and her friends ran out equally as soaked. The most shocking thing was that Percy managed to be in the only dry area in the entire bathroom. It was strange...

She made a split second decision and told him that she wanted him to participate in capturing the flag on her team. Despite the fact that Malcom might yell at her for forcing them to change their battle plans in the short time they had, Annabeth knew that it would all be worth it in the end.

The two demigods eventually made it to the canoe lake, where one of the trails led directly back toward the cabins.

She was about to leave when Percy called out, "Annabeth. I'm sorry for the toilets."

"Whatever."

"It wasn't my fault." Annabeth wasn't sure how one boy could be so oblivious.

"You need to talk to the oracle." she told him.

"Who?"

"Not who. What. I'll ask Chiron."

She watched him carefully, trying to figure out why Percy had seemed so special to her. She knew he was important, but the why was left unanswered. She watched him wave at the naiads and decided to warn him.

"Don't encourage them. Naiads are terrible flirts.

"Naiads," he repeated. "That's it, I want to go home now."

"Don't you get it, Percy? You are home. This is the only safe place for kids like us. Also you seriously drew the line at naiads? Out of all the weird things you saw, kids wielding weapons, and Chiron as a centaur, you were overwhelmed by Naiads?"

He ignored the last part. "Do you mean mentally disturbed kids?"

"I mean not human. Well, not totally human anyway. Half-human kids."

"Half human and half what?"

"I think you know."

"God," Percy finally answered. "Half god."

Annabeth nodded. "You father isn't dead, Percy. He's one of the twelve Olympians."

 Percy couldn't believe the words coming out of Annabeth's mouth.

"That's crazy."

"Is it though? What's the most common thing gods did in the old stories? They ran around falling in love with humans and having kids with them. Do you really think they've changed over the last millenia?"

"But those are just..." Percy stopped himself from saying myths again. He remembered Chiron's warning that he could even be considered a myth one day. "But if all the kids here are half-gods-"

"Demigods," Annabeth interrupted. That's the official term. Or half-bloods.

"Then who's your dad?"

My dad is a professor at West Point. I haven't seen him since I was little. He teaches American history."

"He's human?"

"What, you assumed it has to be a male god who finds a human attractive? How sexist is that?"

"Actually not much, seeing as I assumed the worst out of the males and not the females."

"Shut it, Percy. You don't even know what you're talking about anymore." she humphed.

"Who's your mom then?"

"Cabin six." Annabeth straightened up.

"Meaning?"

"Athena. Goddess of wisdom and battle." Annabeth hoped Percy saw the glint in her eyes that told him that she could destroy him for thinking anything about her life again.

"And my dad?"

"Undetermined. Like I told you before. Nobody knows."

"Except my mother, she knew."

Before Annabeth could say anything else, a small, tiny, human with green hair came up to Percy and smacked the back of his head.

"That was for insulting my drawing of humanoid creatures in front of Will." Maggie stated before pulling Percy into a tight hug. "I'm sorry about your mom. Maybe if I had been awake I would have been able to help you! You literally just found out you are a demigod! How should you be expected to fight of the stupid minotaur. I'm not dissing your abilities Perce, it's just, urg! It's my fault. Maybe, even, even if I had told you before-"

"Hey, Maggie. No one blames you. Even, I don't blame you. There was nothing you could have done, you were hurt. So calm the heck down before I hit you for being stupid." Percy interrupted the girl's rant. Returning the hug.

"But-"

"We'll talk about this later, kay?"

Percy could see that Maggie was on the brink of crying, and as healthy as it might be for her to let it out, he knew she would kill him if he didn't stop her. It wasn't that she saw it as a weakness. Maggie always told others that crying wasn't a bad thing. She just thought that if others saw her, mostly, happy self cry, they wouldn't leave her alone.

"Okay."

They stayed wrapped in each other's arms for another minute before pulling apart.