NEW. 56. Too many books

Hello my amazing people! I know some of you might be annoyed that I decided to rewrite the ending chapters and now I haven't been updating regularly *nervous laugh*

Trust me when I say I'm the embodiment of laziness sometimes and writing something my brain was convinced is finished is kinda hard while applying in a bunch of colleges after my highschool graduation.

Also, I'm busy working on a spin off of the Alpha's Hunt.

Want me to upload that as well?

Anyways, I'll finish the book as soon as my brain and body cooperates!

Enjoy!

56. Too many books

"So, how do you know the way again?"
The night sky is full of stars above our heads, the forest that stretches between our territory and Ethan's pack is, thankfully, tame enough to walk through without tripping over anything.
"I'm the fastest among the Omegas," Angelina says, her gaze focused on our path "Alpha Jax has sent me to the neighboring packs a few times."
"How do I not know about this?"
A slight smile "Because you never asked."
I narrow my eyes at her and then huff "Wont you get in trouble? For sneaking out?"
"No one would ever find out."
I nudge my bestie "You sound awfully confident there, Lina."
"It's well placed, I assure you." She says
And argue as I might, I know it is. Angelina is way too good at slipping away unnoticed.
"Now you tell me," Angelina says, glancing at me from the corner of her eyes "How come you have a new nickname? And an unaware father-in-law?"
I press my lips together, wondering how I should even get started.
Then I hold up my hand, the ring gleaming in the pale moon light.
Angelina lets out a soft gasp, stopping in her tracks.
"Did Alpha Luke...?" She leaves the questions hanging as she sees my grin "Oh my moon, Elise!"
And I'm tackled in a tight hug, laughing as I hug Angelina back. She's beaming when she pulls away.
"That's so sweet!" She says "How even- you know what? It doesn't matter. I knew you'd find an honorable, lovable man! Mate or not!"
I clear my throat, getting to the complicated bit "Actually-
"Its true love, the mate bond isn't necessary to love someone with all your heart!"
"Angelina, we-
"And don't ever listen to anyone who says you two cant be together. I will personally give them a piece of my mind, no matter who it is-
"We're mates!"
She stops babbling. And blinks at me, slowly.
"O...kay?" Angelina's brows pull together "I, umm, maybe I got too excited."
"I think you've been reading too many books lately, Lina." I chuckle
"But, you guys have met before." She says as we start walking again "How come you didn't know?"
"Long story," I breathe out in a sigh "But the high light is that Luke is my mate."
"So," Angelina drags out "Want to tell me about the Hunt?"
And when I grin and she returns it, I realize I've missed my home very much during the past eight weeks.
...
The only reason I haven't yet collapsed from walking is that I've spent almost the whole of the past eight weeks walking.
Moon, I had no idea this forest was so big.
"How far is it yet?" I ask Angelina, it has to be near mid night by now
"Not far." She says "Just one more mile."
I let out an exaggerated sigh "Just when I thought that phase of my life is over."
She chuckles at my statement, and opens her mouth to say something but then stops. Tension seeps into her shoulders and her brows pinch together.
An all too familiar sense of survival grips my frame, the muscles in my limbs tense, ready to start racing.
"I feel like someone's watching," Angelina doesn't falter her walking rhythm as she whispers to me
"Ethan's pack members on petrol?" I ask quietly, hoping for the best
She subtly shakes her head "We're too far for that."
I see her fingers twitching, in resistance to clench them into fists. My own hold on my bags tightens, ears perked to catch any sound.
"Elise," Angelina says calmly "On the Hunt, did you ever have to run like hell?"
I almost smile "All the time."
"Good," She says "When I say go, you sprint straight ahead. If you see warriors on petrol, tell them what you need to."
"And you?" My shoulders tense
"Fastest omega in the pack, remember?" She says
"Angelina, I am not leaving you alone here." I grit out "We both run ahead."
"If it's a rouge," She says, the forest around us is too quiet, as if holding its breath "I can outrun it long enough for you to get help."
I breathe through my nose, willing calm over the chaos in my mind, my skin prickling with the sensation of being followed.
"Ready," Angelina stops, letting me take a step ahead on the path "Run!"
And as if a button has been pushed, that word triggers a response in me that makes my legs run to the fastest of their capacity.
I hear another pair of feet behind me-no- paws. We really were being followed.
Angelina. I have to get to the pack borders and get Angelina help.
I will my legs to run faster, my body dodging the trees instinctively, and its all I can do not to look back, not to scream for my friend, or for help.
I slam into a hard body and stumble back.
My eyes fly to the face of the man standing before me, his companion standing close by.
"Who are you?" He demands, stern eyes seizing me up "State your name and purpose."
"I'm from- the Winter's territory," I breathe out "We were being chased by wolves- my friend, she's still there."
They exchange a sharp look. Then the warrior who I stumbled into says;
"I'll go look for your friend, my companion will stay with you."
I nod, my throat bone dry with anxiety. Damn it, Angelina, if you're not okay I'll kill you.
"You're from the Winter's territory," The other warrior says to me "What business do you have here?"
He eyes my bags suspiciously, I clear my throat, my mind still wandering to where Angelina might be.
"I need to talk to Alpha Ethan."
"About?"
I raise an eyebrow "I think I'll just tell him that."
He narrows his eyes at me but doesn't push further. I set my bags down, pacing. What's taking so long? Why aren't the back yet? The wolves chasing us, I heard the paws behind me and all of a sudden-
Pain explodes at the back of my head.
My knees give out, scraping painfully against the rough ground as I fall, my swimming vision shows the man standing over me.
There's no way I could've covered one mile so quickly, the thought cuts through my pain hazed mind. Crap. Crap. Crap. Angelina, shit-
The other man walks over to his companion, murmuring something I cant make out.
And everything fades away.
...

Please comment and vote!