Chapter 7

I couldn't even sleep that night

I couldn't even sleep that night. I tossed and turned, thinking about the events that played today. Heath's girlfriend decided to show up, who I meet for the first time. And then Nash. Him and I lying down. I couldn't get the feeling of his skin on mine away when he brushed a few hair strands away from my face. Am I falling for him? No, he's just a friend. I really hope that tomorrow isn't going to be awkward as I imagine it to be for both of us.

Deciding that I couldn't fall asleep anytime soon, I pulled the covers off my body and head for the door. I walked down the stairs and to the kitchen where I poured myself a glass of water, hoping that it'll wash away the jitters that I have. 

Tomorrow is going to be a bit interesting.

♠︎ ♠︎ ♠︎

I arrived at the training area after about a 20-minute walk. That's a good start to my day, right? I can also use that as an excuse to run less. I open the door and see the guys hanging around. Though this time, there are more of them. Probably like quadruple the number of guys. 

They all turn their heads to see who has walked in, and I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable under their gaze. Thank the lord that Jed walks up to me and places an arm around my shoulders.  "Welcome. Don't mind the rest of the guys. They're all training for the fundraiser match." Jed whispers to me as the rest of the guys get back to doing whatever they were doing before I came into the room.

"You guys aren't training?" I ask once Jed and I arrive at the back lounge where Nash, Kade, and Heath hang.

"Nah, we're waiting until these knuckleheads leave the room. We want the whole place to ourselves." Jed responds.

I take a seat, unfortunately, next to Nash who shifts uncomfortably on his own. I give him a small smile to which he returns. Okay, that's good. Things are okay, right? 

"So what's Sasha up to?" Kade asks Heath.

He groans in annoyance. "I really don't care. She's been constantly craving attention that I can't give. With all the training going on and stuff it's been harder for me to make time for her."

"Well, we can all go out to dinner tonight. You could invite her." Jed says. "You coming Primmie?" He turns to ask me.

"Sure," I reply. I glance at Nash who doesn't even take a look at me once I got here, well besides the warm smile he gave me. Yeah never mind, not normal.

♠︎ ♠︎ ♠︎

We all arrive at the restaurant that Kade says was the absolute best in the world. His words, not mine. Heath decided to take another car with Sasha in it. I don't know why but I felt a pang of jealousy hearing that the two will be in a car together, alone. While I'm stuck in the back seat, by Nash.

It isn't a bad thing really, it just feels weird. I mean he is totally squished to the side. Like he doesn't even wanna be near me. I feel like we should talk about this. I don't want to lose him as a friend.