Chapter 22: Back

"Soff" Kim was holding my arm "We have to leave now"

I looked at her from the corner of my eye not budging, she looked scared and kept watching Maggie and Alice as if they were two wild animals.

"They won't hurt us" I whispered to her, then I realized it was useless since obviously the two vampires in the room would be able to hear us.

"They cannot be trusted" she whispered back and then let go of me as she realized I was not leaving "Jared won't like this at all, I am leaving"

I rolled my eyes "Jared can go and fuck himself for all I care"

Kim gave me a disapproving look and headed for the door.

"Call me when you get there" I blurted out before she walked out, she gave me a nod and closed the door.

"You told her about the Cullens?" Bella asked me with disapproval, I rolled my eyes.

"She is Jared's imprint" I deadpanned "They told her about the Cullens"

"Soff" Alice danced to me and embraced me in a hug, I hesitated at first but caved in "I am so glad that you are fine"

The last word twitched in me, I was not fine.

I haven't been fine in months.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I pulled away from the hug and walked to the center of the living room. Putting some distance between me and the two vampires in the room. Bella pulled Alice to seat on the couch. Maggie sitting side ways on the back of it, her eyes not leaving me for a second.

"You know why" Alice shook her head disapprovingly, I bit my lip.

There was a bunch of things that Alice could have seen, most likely the street race that I have no interest in Bella finding out about.

"What are you doing here?" I changed the subject, I glanced at Bella for answers but she was looking at the floor.

"I thought that Bella had killed herself" Alice groaned and threw her head back into the couch. I gasped pulling my inhaler to my mouth.

"You tried to kill yourself?" I screeched.

"No" Bella shook her head "I was cliff jumping" My eyes bulged and she added "Recreationally"

"Are you insane?" I face palmed "You are not a supernatural creature Bella! You are not immortal! why would you do something so reckless?"

"I told you I was an adrenaline junkie" she stated as a matter of fact, I wanted to whack her really hard in the head with a stick like a piñata.

"You see the kind of thing I have been dealing with ever since you left?" I spat at both Alice and Maggie, the later gave me a sympathetic look but her black eyes were unsettling.

"You are not fed" I looked at both of them, they both did have black eyes "Neither of you"

"We rushed here all the way from Alaska" Maggie rolled her eyes "Sorry if we did not have time to snack"

"How long are you staying?" I crossed my arms with a huff.

"Soff!" Bella scolded me scandalized.

"What?" I rolled my eyes and signaled to both of them "They are not staying for long and we both know it"

Bella looked between Alice and I, she stood from the couch and whispered in my ear "We have talked about this Soff, you cannot hate Alice for the whole Jasper thing?"

I groaned and threw my head back, Maggie and Alice were sharing a confuse glance.

Bella went to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee that was already in the pot.