twenty one

Heather sat among her other classmates in the Defense Against the Dark Arts. She saw Lockhart and groaned as every other girl swooned over him making her look at them weirdly, even her friend Hermione. "Let me introduce you to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts." He says. "Me."

"Oh god." Heather said as Ron gave him a look. "At least I'm not the only one."

"Gilderoy Lockhart...order of Merlin, Third clas..."

"Just get on with it." Heather mumbled.

"...honary member of the Dark Force Defense League..." Heather sighed as she preferred to be in Snapes class. "...and five times winner..." the sounds of the girls had Heather shivering in disgust. "...of Witch Weekly's most charming smile award."

Heather ignored him as he continued to talk till she saw him with his wand. "Now, be warned. It is my job to arm you..." he said as he walked towards the blanket he had over a cage. "...against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind."

Heather was curious as to what was in that cage when he hit it with his wand, it started to move. "You may find yourself facing your worst fears in this room." The cage kept moving. "Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here. I must ask you not to scream." He grabs the cover and pulls it off while saying. "It might provoke them."

Heather was shocked to see pixies. "Cornish pixies?" Seamus said.

"Freshly caught Cornish pixies." Lockhart said as Heather tried her best not to laugh. "Laugh if you will, Mr. Finnegan...but pixies can be devilishly tricky little blighters."

Heather watched as he opened the cage causing the pixies to fly out. Everyone started screaming and scattering. Heather held her wand in her hand as she saw one grabbing Hermoine by the hair. "Get off me!"

"Stop." Heather tells her as she grabs a book. "Hold still." She swung the book hitting the pixie away.

"Peskipiksi Perternomi!" Lockhart said, but got his wand stolen by the pixies.

Heather watched as he ran up to his office after he said that they had to put the rest back in the cage. "Coward." She said as she started swinging.

"What do we do now?" Ron asked as Heather and Hermione stood up.

"Immobulus!" The two said together as their wands were pointed at the pixies.

Heather looked at Hermione smiling as they put their wands away. "Why is it always me?" Neville asked.
~~~
Later that day, Heather walked with her team out to the field to practice. She listened to Wood tell them what the game plan was till they saw Slytherin. Heather stopped in front of them as George grabbed her hand to keep her back from what might happen. Well more likely Heather might do something.

They listened to the captians of the teams talk. Flint hand Oliver a note. Wood read the note making Heather glare as she knew. "Malfoy." She said glaring.

"That's right." He said. "And that's not all that's new this year."

Everyone looked at the brooms that the Slytherins held. "Those are Nimbus 2001s. How did you get those?" Ron asked.

"A gift from Draco's father."

Heather went to say something, but George covered her mouth causing her to sigh. "You see, Weasley, unlike some, my father can afford the best."

"Why you..." Heather said in George's hand, but he kept her still.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in." Hermoine said making Heather smile as the girl even though it couldn't be seen. "They got in on pure talent."

"No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood."

Heather glared at that name as she was learning a lot about Hermoine. The two may not be close yet, but Heather considers the Granger girl as her best friend. "You'll pay for that one, Malfoy. Eat slugs!" Ron said with his wand, but it backfired as the wand was broke.

Heather along with George and the others ran to him. "Ron?" Heather said.

"You okay, Ron." Hermione asked as Ron looked sick. "Say something."

A flash went off causing her to look at Colin. "Can you turn him around, Heather."

"Get out of the way." She tells him as she looked at Hermoine. "We need to get him to Hagrid. He'll know what to do."

The girls grabbed Ron and started walking away, but Heather stopped and looked at George and smiled before taking her friend to Hagrid. George looked at Heather as she ran off and noticed a mark on her wrist that looked to be forming and looked at his to see a mark forming too.