Twenty Three

Lori sat on her bed a book at hand as she skimmed through one of her grimiors, she was interrupted by a knock at her door. She turned to the clock realizing it was late at night, she turned back to the door sighing before getting up and going to check who it was. She was surprised when she opened the door to find Kol standing on the other side, "Kol" she said slightly surprised. "Lori right? we haven't formally met i'm Kol Mikaelson" he said extending his hand Lori hesitated before shaking his hand.

"Alora Branson" she responded, "Branson, haven't heard of that bloodline" Kol said walking past Lori and into her room, Lori furrowed her eyebrows before closing the door and turning around. Kol was already sanding looking at her and suddenly she felt self conscious in the short night dress she was wearing. She hesitated before continuing "i come from the Everdeen coven" she said quietly as she made her way to her bed.

Kol immediately looked impressed as he walked around her room observing, "Everdeen, last of the bloodline" Kol muttered more to himself. Lori watched him until he finally turned to her "i've always loved witches, the way they do magic fantastic actually" he said with a smirk. Lori had never sat down and talked to someone about her life so she felt slightly excited, "tell me about your coven" Kol said walking over and sitting on the edge of the bed.

Lori hesitated, "i'm just curious, i promise" Kol swore. Lori instantly smiled, "well there's a lot, me and my coven used to reside in the middle of the forest in a clearing, there we did rituals and practiced our magic i loved my coven and i was friends with all of them especially the heirs. You see the heirs were the next in line to rule and i was one of them, our coven ruled as a group so we didn't just have one leader-" Lori paused when she realized she was talking to fast. Kol watched a little stunned, Lori laughed "i'm sorry" she said as she felt herself blush in embarrassment.

Lori broight her hands up to cover her face but Kol instantly put her hands down "no i love that that pretty little smile" he said. Lori immediately smiled brightly, "now tell me about yourself what type of magic did you practice" Kol asked.

"Well our coven tended to use dark magic, but i myself was born a syphoner" Lori trailed off a little embarrassed, "that's brilliant i've never met a syphoner" Kol said cheering Lori up. Lori smiled again feeing a bubbling feeling inside. Kol brought his hand up for Lori to touch, Lori brought her hand up hovering it over Kol's before she fully brought them together.

Immediately there hands flowed red as Lori syphoned the smaller amount of magic from him, he didn't even wince instead he kept a smile on his face. Lori hadn't felt this happy since nights with the heirs.