115

The nobles clapped excitedly. They've been looking forward to this event for quite some time. The life of an aristocrat wasn't calming. There was always something going on. They had to keep their guard up at all times. This event was a nice break for them...

Sitting on the front row of the main seats were the academy teachers. They will be the ones who decide who will pass and enter the academy, and who will be rejected.

There were only 10 participants. Half of the participants had already come out but only 1 had successfully passed.

Then it was Chester's turn. He casted his earlier water spell and also a spell that caused wood to cut itself.

The audience were amused and applauded. The teachers thought his spell wasn't spectacular but had potential. They were just about to tell Chester he passed when everything faded to black. It's as if their soul had fallen asleep....

But it only took two second for them to open their eyes and speak.

"Sir. Chester, we, unfortunately, have to reject you. You have potential but nothing special." One of the teachers informed Chester.

Chester's smile disappeared and was replaced with an enraged expression.

"This... This isn't right! I deserve to enter the academy! You can't do this! Le... Let me do it again! You must let me enter the academy!" Chester protested.

The nobles laughed quietly in mockery.

"What a feral boy..."

"Commoners possess such a foul mouth."

"Oh what a sad sight to see this is..."

For the aristocrats, the commoners are merely tools and playthings. They loved watching commoners, especially when they failed.

The guards soon took Chester away. But the sneers of the people didn't disappear.

After Chester was taken away, all the teacher's heads dropped before they opened their eyes.

The teachers were confused. Where's the boy? What happened?

The teachers ended up not saying anything. They were too embarrassed to ask Chester to come back.

Angelina was panting. There were ten teachers. She already had difficulty controlling two people, controlling ten took all her energy. Angelina suspected that if stood up, she would collapse immediately.

One more participant came out before it was finally Eric's turn.

Once he came out, everyone's eyes were drawn to him. There was something about him that was strange.

Angelina smiled excitedly. But from the corner of her eye, Angelina caught Harper's change in expression.

Harper sat a few seats beside Angelina. When Harper saw Eric, she seemed shocked. Her clenched hands were even trembling.

"...?" Angelina didn't understand. What? Why did she seem so shocked? Eric hadn't even casted a spell...

Angelina turned to look at Evelina, who was right beside her, and saw an indescribable smile on Evelina's face. At first glance, Evelina appeared normal. But if one looked closely, one could see there was something much more hidden behind the smile.

The smile seemed to hide conflictedness and yet sadness...?

' Why is everyone strange today...? ' Angelina wondered for merely a few seconds before directing her attention to Eric.

"State your name." One of the teachers asked Eric.

"Eric."

"Alright, you may begin." The teacher nodded.