Chapter 55

"Where are you going, babybun?" Taehyung tilted his head, his voice was soft when he asked Jungkook who was holding a pillow tightly in his arms ready to go to another room.

Taehyung was sitting on their bed, his leg was placed over a soft pillow. It was night time, Jungkook helped him in taking a shower because apparently, Taehyung can't stretch his leg, he will not be able to walk until the stitches over his calf healed fully.

Taehyung felt grateful and bad at the same time causing his baby so much work to take care of him. But he didn't complain, Taehyung was enjoying the affection. 

However, his baby seems drier towards him, less talking, less smiling but Taehyung knew he deserved it. Jungkook was here and taking care of him, Taehyung couldn't ask more.

But when he saw Jungkook taking his pillow and going towards the door, a dread fell over his heart. His heart clenched as the gears of his head started functioning in all directions. He gulped the sudden suffocation in his throat and decided to ask.

Jungkook stopped in his steps when Taehyung's voice fell into his ears. He closed his eyes and bit his lower lip, scratching away the dead skin from his lower lip with his upper sharp teeth. He wanted to go to the guest room without saying anything but guess he couldn't do that now.

He didn't want to face Taehyung right now, not when his head and heart is already in a mess. He wants to calm down first, wants to reach a conclusion with his husband, wants to talk to him when his head is not baking its own stories, wants to accuse him of his mistake, wants to scold him but not now. He is afraid he might say something or do something bad.

When he turned around, he regretted it immediately. Taehyung was looking at him with those soft eyes, his eyes were filled with fear but a hopeful thought was also lingering in them.

Jungkook averted his eyes everywhere but Taehyung, his hairs were falling over his eyes helping him to hide his painful gaze. His emotions are everywhere, He should get out soon before his eyes will go blurry all over again.

"I will be sleeping in another room, tell me if you will need anything." Jungkook swallowed thickly when his gaze finally met with Taehyung.

The hopeful thought vanishes and an aching pain falls over Taehyung's eyes. That hurt. bad.

"No. Stay here." Taehyung said even before his mind can make a thoughtful conversation, the words felt more like an order than a request.

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows, thought turning defensive to oppose that order. Taehyung quickly realised that he shouldn't order, he didn't mean it like that, but sometimes his deep voice causes troubles too.

"I mean, don't go to another room, please. You know we both won't be able to sleep like that. I need you," Taehyung tried to reason it, fuck he can't believe that this is happening, his babybun was trying to sleep away from him. 

Jungkook clutches the pillow, squeezing it more into his arms," I wish you would have needed me in other ways too rather than a sleeping plushie." His tongue said even before he realised it.

Taehyung felt someone tore his heart and hung it over the wall, his eyes went wide in shock when Jungkook's words settled down in his head. 

"What?" Taehyung whispered, clearly hurt by the sudden accusation. He could never… he could never think Jungkook, his babybun could say something like this to him. Taehyung knew Jungkook didn't mean it, of course, he couldn't mean it. He never treated Jungkook like a sleeping toy.

"I'll be in the guest room," Jungkook said once again, turning fast to leave the room before he could do more damage.

"Jungkook." Taehyung stopped him again.