seventeen

James and Eloise stood frozen. This couldn't have just happened. The two wanted it but had no idea the other was reciprocating the same feelings.

"We should go find the others." Their faces were still only inches apart. "They will be wondering what we were doing." Eloise laughs.

They interlocked their pinkies and walked down the stairs.

By the time they got to the room cheers were dying down but the party most certainly was not.

"Where have you two been?" Remus asks.

"Talking." They chorused.

"We thought you might have been snogged judging by the time." Sirius joked. Little did he know.

They let out a slight chuckle and looked at eachother.

"OH YOU TOTALLY DID!" Marlene shouted.

"And what about it!" Eloise admitted.

"Peter you owe me five galleons!" Sirius bellowed.

"For fuck sake! Is that a joke! That could've got me 5 packs of sugar quills from Honeydukes." Peter looked like he could cry.

"You all had a fucking bet going on about when we'd snog?" James asked. "Are you actually serious?"

"He's not but I am." Sirius joked.

Everyone laughed at the shitty joke. Even though a war was brewing outside the teenagers were really, truly happy. They didn't know how long it would last and it terrified all of them but for now they looked at the positive side of things.

"We should play a game." Marlene said. "Truth or dare but with veritaserum. Then the truths will well and truly be real."

"I'm down."

"Why not."

"Yeah okay."

Everyone agreed and sat in a circle. Eloise sat with James her head leaning against his shoulder without even realising.

Once the all took a swig Sirius asked the first question. "Remus, truth or dare."

"Dare."

"I dare you to kiss the most attractive person in the room." And with this Remus walked over to Sirius and smashed his lips onto his. At first Sirius was stunned that he was bold and did it in front of everyone but then he melted into the kiss.

"Oh."

"My."

"Fucking."

"God."

They all took it in turns to say a word apart from Marlene. "Oh come on you can't tell me you thought this man was straight!"

"Now that that performance is over, Eloise truth or dare." Lily asks.

"Truth."

"Who was your first kiss?"

"A boy in 3rd year called Ben, he was shit to be honest."

"Was i better?" James whispered into her ear sending shivers down her spine.

"Yes." She couldn't even lie because she was drugged up on truth serum.

The game went on with silly questions because they were all hiding secrets, secrets that they didn't want to be shared just yet.

"Eloise! Did you bring the camera?" James asked.

"When do i not? I can capture your pretty face in the exact moment." Eloise 'joked'.

They all took it in turns to take photos. Eloise was happy about this, it meant she could add them to her scrapbook of her year at hogwarts.