Chapter 6 | Engagement

Zaarib's pov

As soon as I enter my room I collapse on my bed and rest my arm over my eyes, not even trying to glance over the girl who I know is as shocked and stunned as me maybe more than me because I was expecting some disaster.

But I did not expect this to say the least.

God now I know I ain't your favourite! I want to cry so bad now! I just wanted freedom! I am not ready to get married not to this girl Atleast!!

"Arghh!!" I throw the pillow across my room in frustration, Flying my leg up and down in irritation I huff hugging my bed.

"So this is what your mom's plan was" Inaya speaks with a low voice more like a whisper sitting on the bed like a Dead Zombie, I don't reply but dig my face into the pillow "ya Allah your mom is just..aish..." No badmouthing about mother's that's rude.

I glare at Inaya and that disrespectful soul rolls her eyes "I am sorry Zaarib but sometimes I feel like throwing this pillow on your mom's face" she sits back, Well a pillow doesn't hurt right? Cause that sounds inviting to me from the way my mother is irritating us.

"What are we going to do now? I don't want to marry you!!" I feel like a kid who is complaining to not go to school.

Crawling towards her I first sit comfortably before starting "I get what she is trying to do" I nod understanding every future plan of my irritatingly lovely mamma "and what is that?" Inaya raises her eyebrow asking me to continue.

"Hm" I start with a hum, I feel like I am solving a mission. I am still in the hangover of Vincenzo, I watched last night. I can feel the vibe.

I join my hands together in front of my self laying on my stomach, looking at the girl who is looking more attentive than I thought.

"From the statement we just encountered and from the things we heard while eves dropping... I have come to a conclusion that..." she rolls her eyes already looking bored but I keep my detective vibes on.

"That she is trying to set us up" I nod thinking of the plans and the lines I have connected in my mind "She is trying to set us up legally so we would spell it out about our small mission of kicking room girl out of our life" looking bored she nods but lays back, I lick my lips bringing up the detective aroma back.

"yes" I nod before speaking "She, Mrs. Farida Malik is very intelligent but-" I pause before continuing "—not as smart as Zaarib Malik" with a proud smile I complete, but the rude brat beside me rolls her eyes. She could have clapped her hand at my intelligence but no, Inaya is Inaya, the motto of her life is to never appreciate others. She is following her motto.

"You're telling me that she is setting up this marriage just to scare us" I nod at her statement "She knows very well that we are not into eachother, the fake smiles she was throwing at us are evidence of her fakeness, I feel like she is doing this whole drama so we could spill out the truth and now—" I give her a smile before continuing " -we just have to act along"

" Act along? You're telling me we should act lovely dovely in front of them?" I quickly nod with a smile she is intelligent—a hard punch lands on my arm—I take that back she is a brat and will always be one!

"What was that for?!" I rub my arm glaring at her "what was that for" she mimics but looks extremely ugly .

"What is this for?! If we act like a perfect couple in front of them, they will be in a race to tie up us together" she uses some of her mind "let me complete first".

"It's gonna be the other way round" Throwing a wink at her I breathe out "We will now act like those childish couples who fight for no reason and who always brings up divorce every time they fight —yup just like them" huming she nods letting all the words sink in her small mind.