To be or not

Vikram

Sree had gone to her home. I was planning on how I would tell her all that I felt. I should go to her home and surprise her and then take her out. I made reservations at a hotel there, for a private table and told them to decorate it in a romantic way.

I took my car and drove to chennai. On the way I bought some roses of different colors. I was wearing a casual shirt and looked into the mirror a lot. It was really unlike me to take so much care of how I looked.

I had taken her address from the office documents. It was a long ride but her memories kept it worth it. I couldn't wait to see her.  She might be angry, but I was sure I would persuade her.

And I wasn't sure how she would react, when I would tell her everything.

Diya said she liked me, but even if she didn't like me that way, I had to tell her. I couldn't wait anymore. I wish I had kissed her that night. I couldn't wait to finish that kiss.. I just wanted to be with her. Forever.

I reached her flat and rang the bell. I hid the flowers behind by back, in case her mother or grandfather opened the door.
I was so nervous. I hadn't been this nervous for a long time. My heart beat fast. What do I tell her, how would she react?..

The door opened and she stood before me, and all my worries flew away. I knew what I wanted, her..!

She looked at me with shock evident in her eyes..

"Vikram.. ", she whispered staring at me, and not moving.

" Sree.. I wanted to tell you that I. Lo.. ", I took the flowers forward..

" Oh what a surprise, you here",

I looked at the direction of the voice, it was Gautham. What was he doing here?

"You.. here? ", I asked.

" Oh yes where else would I be other than the house of my to be fiancé, Vikram meet my to be wife, Devi" , he said and put his hand on Sree's shoulder.

My breath shuddered. This wasn't happening.. How could it? I was surely having a nightmare.

"What?? ", I muttered. " You didn't tell "

" Vikram, I did tell you I was going to get engaged. I sent you this address, really needed my best friend with me, though I'm surprised you actually came. Well I wanted to give you a surprise, so I didn't tell it was Devi", he said smiling.

I did remember a message from Gautham. I was wondering why he was getting engaged now, though I didn't care About that much because I was engrossed in my own feelings.

"That flowers for us?", Gautham asked

" Come on in", he said. I handed the flowers to them.

My heart sank. I was too late.. There were a few people inside.. They were going to get engaged this Saturday..

I saw Gautham talking to Sree..

It pained.. I lost her.. I lost my Sree..
I was too late..i love her!

What do I do now? I couldn't stay seeing Gautham and Sree together, so I went out of the house and walked randomly.

I felt my eyes filled with tears. Her face.. Remained engraved in me. I clenched my fists hard.. All I felt was pain..

Sree

I had a hard week ever since Diya's incident. I was upset and depressed. I couldn't be come normal like before, and I couldn't take him out of my mind. I had to forget him, move on.. I can't still be in love with a person who would never love me back.