♛ 23

Mark waited at the empty train station as he was told. He was planning to not go earlier, but the more he thought about it he finally decided to go- to just fuck it.

He leaned his back on the wall, the both of his eyes completely shut, arms folded on his chest. He's wearing his normal attire, a black fitted pants paired with a white dress shirt that he paired with a black vest and his favorite black trench coat.

Soon enough, he heard the sound of cars from afar, slowly approaching him. He sighed, opening his eyes, seeing two cars right in front of him.

A man stepped out from the car along with his two assistants, his face covered by the fedora hat he was wearing. He took off his hat, looking at Mark with a stern look on his face.

He still looked the same as he was two years ago. His facial features are still as sharp as ever and he's still wearing his favorite white dress shirt with a layered ruffled fabric. 

Despite not meeting him for a long time, Mark had heard about him even before he came here. He heard about his position in the mafia and some of the works he had done. He hated to admit this but he is indeed a threat to him now.

"Long time no see, brother."

"Diablo," he started, taking a step towards him. "Or should I say, Lee Taeyong."

Taeyong scoffed, still looking at him with his usual sharp look. "Watch the honorifics, I'm still your brother after all, aren't I?"

"Shut up."

Mark took another step forwards and with a quick move, he swiftly snatched the gun that he hid behind his coat, pointing it right on his head. His two assistants however was not left behind and were quick to react as they immediately pointed their guns back at him.

Taeyong lifted an eyebrow, Mark knew exactly what this look of him meant- amusement. 

"Quick, as always. Go on then, shoot me."

Mark looked at him with a blank look before putting the gun down, chuckling bitterly. He harshly gave him the gun back, taking a few steps backwards. "I'm not pathetic like you. Let's just get this over with."

"Impatient much. I do have a good news to tell you."

Mark folded his arms back on his chest, leaning back against the wall again. "Brilliant, enlighten me."

Taeyong scowled at his sarcastic remark, taking out his hand to grab a brown envelope from one of his. "Boss approved as it was you who requested it. Although he'd prefer for you to be the one in this. But you do know what you're doing, right?"

"I wouldn't be here if I don't." He snapped at his older brother.

Taeyong knew Mark like the back of his hand. They were partners and until this day remain as brothers after all. Mark has always been a well calculated person that has a huge desire to win. He will do anything necessary to reach his end.

But this time, he couldn't understand why he decided to do this.

"Father's not going to approve this."

"I don't care about what he thinks."

Taeyong cocked an eyebrow. "You still can't make the decision for him."

Mark chuckled, lifting up his lips to form a sinister smile.

"Oh really?" he said. "But isn't that what you did to me?"

Taeyong couldn't find another word to say, so he just stayed quiet. Because in fact, he was right. That was also one of the major reasons of the cold war between the two.

Mark harshly snatched the envelope from his hand, giving him one last look before walking away. 

He never wanted to deal with his brother again, but he knew it was going to happen again soon.

═════ ✥.❖.✥ ═════

"Stand up, don't be a weakling,"

Dasom looked down, the tears threatening to fall from her eyes. The look on her mother's eyes remained the same.

"I said stand up!"

She immediately stood up, getting another slap across her face. She closed her eyes, ready to get another hit when a familiar voice ringed through her ears.

"Somsom?"

Heejin was standing there with a frightened and confused look on her face. Her teddy bear had fallen to the ground when she looked at the scene in front of her.

Dasom opened her mouth to say something, completely stunned. Hyo then came in a few moments after, taking the little girl away from the two.

"Somsom?"

Heejin's voice brought her back to reality, looking back at the girl in front of her. Dasom quickly flashed her a smile, nodding her head. "Yeah?"

Heejin grinned at her, placing her fairy headband on her head. "Let's play!"

Dasom nods. As long as her sister is happy, she's going to be fine. 

She was never the person that has a huge ambition or goal to achieve in her life. She never find a purpose in this thing called living. 

Her only reason of living was her sister- the only reason she's still alive.

But for all one knows, she'll be lucky enough to find another reason to live.

ohmy whats this