Chapter 43

Just in case most of y'all forgot

Taehyung's powers are weather-controlling and his half-angel abilities

Nations powers are Dark Magic.

~~~~~

"FIGHT!"

Shots were fired, the air getting warmer and the tension building up. Taehyung fell back to the ground, his breathing already heavy and his body ready to give up.

Nayeon rolled her eyes in annoyance. She walked towards him, her black boots brushing over the green glazed grass. She huffed out air, her hands swishing back and forward. She felt irritated at the weak man's pathetic tries.

"This isn't going to be any fun...." She mumbled to herself, disappointed.

Taehyung got back on his feet, his piteous attempt making everyone already mourn for the guy. His forlorn figure looked as if it was squeezed of all its energy. Still, he screamed out a spell and tried his best at aiming it at the shorter girl.

Nayeon leisurely tilted her head to the side, the spell running past her and hitting the wall behind them. She snickered, finding it unbelievable. Did he think he could hit her?

Her hands grew hotter, feeling the energy converging there. She formed a generic energy ball, ready to knock the living daylights out of him. She fired, he got hit and fell to the ground on his back, this time groaning in pain and swarming around to ease it. He turned to lay on his side, grunting. His eyes met Jennie's in the stands. Her hand covered her mouth as tears spilt from her beautiful brown eyes.

His hands started shaking uncontrollably, not letting him get up on his own.

A weak smiled formed on his lips.

Her eyes.

They were so beautiful and mesmerising. He remembered how she recalled them as plain and boring, but he never once saw them as such. He always wondered, isn't that the colour of warm coffee on a cold winter day? Or of crisp autumn leaves about to fall? Of delicious looking chocolate? Of the finest wood and the finest tea? How could that ever be boring? Her brown eyes were like the earth beneath him, pulling him in with tremendous force and gravity. For a second he had forgotten the pain he felt, the sharp rays of excruciating agony disappeared for a while, letting him enjoy the gorgeous sight 

Nayeon got closer to him, the distance between them vanishing. She bent down, her leather jacket pushed down on one of her shoulders. She poked with her index finger Taehyung and pushed him on his back, causing him to close his eyes and grunt painfully as he struggled.

"Well, this is no fun... I thought you would entertain me longer blondie," she muttered, dissatisfied.

He opened his eyes, slowly pushing his head up to look at her. She tilted her head, looking at him innocently. He propped himself on his elbows, before slowly going to his knees and then standing up completely. It took a good two minutes for him to get up, causing everyone to worry. He could barely stand, how was he going to fight off such a powerful witch?

Nayeon was still down on the ground. She perked up at him and raised her hand to shade her squinting eyes from the sun. Taehyung glanced at her, breathing recursively.

From the floor, she extended her hand and put her thumb and index finger together in a small circle before flicking her finger and causing a tiny spark of dark energy to escape from the tips. The small spark hit Taehyung right in the chest, causing him to stumble back a few steps.

She flicked her fingers again, hitting his chest and causing him to falter in his balance. After repeating the same motion from the ground five times, Taehyung fell on his back, a few feet away from her.