32: My Savings To Save Him

To not get easily caught by Zed, Aeiou stopped an e-bike on its way back to the station where Heather picked up one.

After a while of trailing behind Zed, Aeiou whined. "Excuse me, Mister. Can you go a little faster? We're already losing sight of him."

Hearing that request, the driver hastily replied. "Tell me. You're following that man, don't you? Just tell me if you're a stalker and I'm gonna call a security!"

"Shhh... Keep your voice low, mister. You already joined me since you had me in this cart, so if ever that guy caught us... both of us are dead. Do you know who that guy is? He's Zed Nuevas, son of this place's owner," Aeiou warned.

The driver snapped; his voice carried a sense of annoyance when he spoke. "You are just going to trouble me then. Look at my pager! There's a lot of customers waiting on the station!"

Without even paying attention to the driver, Aeiou took out his wallet and abruptly threw a 500 peso bill on the driver. "That's more than enough, right?"

The driver squinted his eyes in disgust, but once he had his clutch on that cash, a smile graced his lips. "Listen, young man. If you want to follow him, why not go out and walk? Spending this much money is not worth it for a short distance, you know?"

Aeiou ignored the driver, "My handsomeness can be easily noticed if I walked. Hurry! He's turning a corner."

After turning a corner, Zed walked inside a white building with roman styled pillars on the edges.

Aeiou and the driver arrived in front of that exquisite building and compared to the other buildings, this one was a lot bigger. 

 Aeiou immediately got out of the e-bike. He rushed to the glass door and carefully opened it.

Peeking only his head, Aeiou's eyes got blinded by glinting light from a chandelier that is seemingly full of diamonds up above. He turned his head to the side and saw gold plates on the frames of glasses. They were like lockers with a porcelain vase inside. It was not hard for Aeiou to realize that this building was a columbarium, a place where deceased people's urns are stored.

A deep voice echoed.

Aeiou immediately hid himself behind a pillar as he heard that familiar deep voice.

Aeiou carefully peek his head out and gazed at the robust figure in front of a table top at the end of the hallway. Zed. The prince was talking lowly to a beautiful lady over an industrial styled counter whose face was akin to someone who was forcing a smile.

Aeiou could only hear hissing coming out of their mouths, he couldn't hear any syllables clearly from that distance. 

Aeiou shifted his glance from place to place, abruptly looking for the presence of Jake, Hansel or other possible family members of Zed's family and friends. He did that for a good while and he saw no one else enter the building nor approach Zed. Aeiou gazed at Zed's back and his chest ached. If I hadn't ended our friendship, I wonder if he'd ask me to go with him today.

After a second, Zed walked away from the counter with a cold expression and turned to a corner. Aeiou looked at the lady who immediately faced a monitor and sat herself in a computer chair with relief on her face.

Aeiou moved his sleeves upwards. He summoned his courage,  crouched his tall body down and used his hands and feet simultaneously to crawl on the floor with all fours. He leveled his back lower than the table top in front of the lady. 

He was like a leopard, having his gait almost have no sound and his stature low as he trailed behind Zed. Truly, if the lady asked who was Aeiou visiting, it'd be trouble.