F.o.u.r

Nikhil and avantika reached their home. Avantika was thinking all about what happened there. The questions were echoing in her mind.

"Thanks nikhil", she said.

"For what??", he asked back.

"For saving me there at the party"

"Come on your are my wife. It'smy duty to protect you".

Avantika was shocked because a day before when she was placing her clothes in wardrobe, nikhil yelled at her and now he was saying that he is her husband and it was his duty.

"But yesterday you said that we don't have anything between us and you also yelled at me so much"

"See avantika, you are my wife in front of the whole world"

"And what if we are together alone like right now"

"Then you are just a girl with whom I have to live just because of my father's business deal and nothing else"

"We can't live together like this"

"What do you mean??", he said being frustrated.

"I mean...we're nearly strangers. We don't anything about each other"

"So what do you want??"

"At least we can be friends"

"Can you please leave me alone for sometime", nikhil said gritting his teeth.

He said this and went to washroom to freshen up and change.

"This guy is a complete psycho....sometimes he behaves so rudely sometimes he cares for me and sometimes he behaves like he doesn't even know me.....oh god...why??...why I am married to this super weird creature", she thought to herself.

__________________

Next day

Nikhil went to meet his friends.

"Yesterday's party was amazing bro. But why did you leave so early??", aditi asked.

"We were surrounded by reporters and they were asking us that we were married if avantika was supposed to be married to abir", nikhil replied.

"These reporters!! Why they have to intervene in personal matters!! I know when will hear about the merge of your and Avantika's company, they will surely present the news with more spice to it", aditi whined.

"That's true", shivam agreed.

"I can't do anything....it's their habit", nikhil sniggered.

"How do you feel when you are with avantika??", shivam asked.

"Why are you asking this??", nikhil asked him

"Just wanted to know", he replied.

"She is a nice girl but I hate when she tries to act like my wife", he smirked.

"Come on nikhil...she is your wife and you can't deny this....you both have to spend rest of your lives together", jai scolded .

"Yes...just give it a try....we know that you both have nothing in between but you have to build your relationship. It is very difficult for you as you still love palak but what she did....she just cheated on you and she easily moved on....come on move with avantika", Aditi tried to convince him.

"Please just don't talk about this right now. I am already fed up of listening these advices from my family and now my friends", nikhil whined.

"Nikhil you have to.....", aditi said but nikhil cut her off in between.

"Enough please", nikhil said and went from there.

Shivam followed him.

"Shivam if you also want to give advice then please leave", nikhil snapped.

"No bro I am with you. I feel avantika is doing this for money", he said.

"It obvious...we both are doing this for our business deal"

"But I am telling you to be careful because she could cheat you and rob you"

"What do you mean??"

"I mean she can buy all the shares of your merger company and she can become the CEO of the merger, leaving you and your family with nothing.....so be careful"

"She can I feel"

"So try to stop her dude. Just be friends with her. If you become close to her, she will definitely not do it".

Nikhil felt that it was sensible. He just nodded and drove to his home.

___________________

It was already 11:30 at night. Avantika was still at her office because of her wedding holidays, much work was left for her to do.

"Nikhil will kill if he finds me out from home", avantika thought to herself.

She had the house keys so she decided to quietly enter inside. When she opened the door, she saw nikhil was sitting on the dining table working on his laptop.

Avantika was scared now. She thought why was he sitting there. If he wanted to do work, he could have done in his own room.

She stepped inside silently. She bent down a little and tip-toed to the stairs.

"Avantika", nikhil called out.

He saw her!! She was cursing herself for staying out till so long. She was really scared as she has to face Nikhil's wrath now.

"Where were you??", he asked.

"I was in the office. Actually my work was pending because of the holidays which I took for my wedding....umm...I mean our wedding", she turning around, facing nikhil.

"Oh god!! I was so worried for you".

Avantika looked at him in disbelief. Was he actually being so sweet or she was watching any dream!!!

"Huh?? You were worried for me??", she said being totally shocked by his statement.

"Ya of course I was. I was waiting for you"

"Oh really!! Umm....sorry that you had to wait"

"It's Okay....so is your work completed"

"No...not yet"

"You should not take so much stress otherwise you will fall ill"

Avantika was now getting more shocked. Really nikhil was so being too much friendly with her. She had never seen this side of him. Neither before marriage nor after marriage.

"I know but before the meeting takes place of our companies merging, I have to complete everything", she said being a little uncomfortable with the sweetness which was shown by him.

"Okay okay....I am sure you have not eaten anything".

"Umm yes!!"

"Let's have dinner together"

"What??", she said, nearly choked.

"Yes...I was waiting for you...I thought we would have dinner together...so"

"That's really sweet of you", she said.

"Come", he said pulling out a chair for her and when she sat, he pushed it to the table.

He then started serving food.

"Will you serve??", she asked tilting her face to a side and raising her eyebrows.

"Yes...is it a crime to serve YOUR WIFE", he said.

Avantika was really shocked. She couldn't believe what just happened. Mr. Nikhil Malik, the super weirdo, he was being so nice to her. But then she thought that she was thinking too much and maybe nikhil had changed.

"Oh god!! I am really feeling cringy by doing all these good things to her!! Ugh!! I have to do it otherwise she will rob us.....I hate this...but I have to do it", nikhil thought to himself.