𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

L' Etoile━

act two: chapter eight

★彡 CHEZ POTTERS 彡★

THE TRAIN STOPPED AS IT ARRIVED AT PLATFORM 9 ¾, the five marauders got off and looked around for the Potters or the Wrights

THE TRAIN STOPPED AS IT ARRIVED AT PLATFORM 9 ¾, the five marauders got off and looked around for the Potters or the Wrights. There were people all around them, mostly the students who had decided to visit their families for the holidays. As they searched for a parent, a voice had called them.

"Remus! Sirius! Here!" Shouted a kind looking man, Charles Wright, as he spotted the tallest of the group from far away. The group made their way on to where he stood and met up with more familiar faces.

There stood Kathleen and Euphemia engrossed in a conversation nobody else knew about, and Fleamont who first hugged Sirius then James. Charles gave a half-hug to both Remus and Peter then carried on to squeeze his daughter in a hug too.

Looking from far away anyone would think it was a reunion of a big family and even if it wasn't true, it sure felt like it to all of them. The Wrights were familiar with the boys, especially due to being close to the Potters. They all had a small 'catching-up talk' and then continued onto their different ways.

"Don't sleep off and forget to come tomorrow Ames!" James shouted as the last words of the conversation while leaving with Remus adding, "He's got a point Amy! Don't forget!"

Amelia just rolled her eyes jokingly and shouted a "I just might".

The Potters and the three friends along with them appeared in front of the Potter household as they touched the portkey

The Potters and the three friends along with them appeared in front of the Potter household as they touched the portkey. The kids were pretty habituated to this schedule during the holidays. They always spent at least one set of vacations at the Potters, along with visits from Amelia but she had never stayed over.

Christmas was a time she always spent with her family and the DeBlancs, the main reason being her birthday that she never celebrated without her parents.

The boys were excited and knew they had to plan everything perfectly for their best friend's first stay. They all made their way into the house, following the Potters who entered first.

"You all can freshen up, and do the usual till dinner!" Fleamont informed the kids, knowing well they'd have loads planned to do.

The marauders made their way up the stairs and placed their belongings in the rooms neatly, well as neatly as they could. Of course, with the exception of Remus who had unpacked some of his books and essentials and already placed them tidily.

They all made conversation as usual, including their plans for Christmas and Amelia.

"Do you think playing a prank on her birthday is a bad idea or the perfect idea? I mean knowing us, it's perfect right? She loves our pranks?"

"Perfect!"

"Bad?"

"We are not pranking her."

Sirius, Peter, and Remus simultaneously answered James.

"We'll give her the gifts each of us picked out and we'll do the usual cake and you know. But no pranks, James!" Remus continued with a shake of his head and a hint of a smile at his friend's ideas.

He received nods in agreement and another discussion arose when the Pettigrew boy meekly asked, "What all gifts did you get Amy? I got her a locket with a snitch and some chocolate wands she loves."

"I got her a book about the Chudley Cannons and a broom servicing kit. She'll love it." James stated with visible confidence that indicated he'd got the best gifts.

"I bought Ames the muggle book, 'Little Women' and her favourite chocolate bars." Remus answered as well. He was also asked about how muggles knew about magical creatures, since that is what the others gathered from the book title.

Sirius felt everyone else's stares, expecting a great answer from him as well. Knowing Sirius, he'd want to be the one to give her the best gift, but that assumption was shattered as he answered. "Yeah, I got her honeydukes chocolates."

They waited for him to continue for about a minute before they realized that he'd only gotten her chocolates. Sirius quickly added, "Her Christmas gift is also there, don't worry. I'm just saving the best for the last."

That made the boys feel better, since they had all noticed his slight behavioral change, even Peter. Remus knew he'd be interrogating both Amelia and Sirius, as they had both been a bit weird, but he left it all for after the holidays, not wanting to make anything worse.

What Sirius didn't tell the others was about the necklace he had bought with the chocolates. He didn't want to mention it since he'd been contemplating over whether he should even give it or not.

It was a thin chain locket with a heart shaped pendant with several silver stars in it. He would've given it without thought, if it hadn't been for that stupid 'moment'.

The gift felt a bit intimate after what had happened, actually almost happened, and what it resulted in. It was obvious to both that they'd drifted over a tiny thing, regardless of their close year long friendship.

But that was exactly it. They were so close for long, and 'would them trying to date change that? Would it ruin it? Would it actually end up being a great love story?'.

They could have been positive but there was just too much to lose. What they weren't considering was that their reaction was making them lose it either way.

However, Sirius knew that it was a tiny and meaningless thing and the only reason it drifted them as such was because it was meaningful to them. It meant something to the both of them, not just one, and they had to talk about it.

The only problem was he didn't know what to do about it after confessing to each other. So, he did what he does best. Head in first, he decided to confess, and think about the next step later.

He wrote a note that night, that he would slip into the book he'd bought as a Christmas present. Finally, he knew and had decided what he would do, irrespective of what it would do, because having a definite answer was better than none. 

Liana's Note! heyyy! A very late update but an update!

Liana's Note!
heyyy! A very late update but an update!

Also idk if the book is going that well? Lmk what you think and if you have any ideas

Thanks for reading, xx.