˚✧˳ Chapter 10 - Dad And Pogo ˳✧˚

❝ That's the cutest monkey I have ever seen ❞

That's the cutest monkey I have ever seen

THE FRANKEL FOOTAGE

˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚✧ ☂️ ✧˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚

(Y/N) HARGREEVES

DARKNESS HAS INVADED the night as we got out of our sweet old ride. Had a fuzzy feeling when I inspected the habitat. I can't help but wonder more about our 'magnificent' father who 'loved' us dearly. If you're an idiot like me, it's sarcasm babe.

Diego's grunting told me that he was unlively over our mission to sneak into the property.

"How long's it been since you've seen the old man?" Diego brought it up. Five was acting disconnected from his surroundings and maybe feeling surreal about the possible chance of him seeing our father again. "23 years." Five answered.

Diego kneeled down to the glass door locked while Five leaned on the side, waiting for him to gain access. I was behind them, keeping on guard over who might pull out a 'surprise mothafacka' again.

"You know, when I was stuck out there in the apocalypse, there wasn't a day that went by where I didn't hear his voice in my head."

"Yeah? What did he say?" I joined in with an emphasizing look.

"I told you so..." Five recalled with a disconcerted expression. From the moment I saw him again, I could recognize guilt, pain, and regret in his eyes. If he never left, I wonder what things could've been. "Well, if Dad's here, he's never met you before, so he can't say 'I told you so'."

That's actually very sweet of Diego to say.

"I'm sure he'll find a way." Five discussed. Our old man is one cranky bastard.

The boy on my left got a little testy and opened the door from the inside.

"Right. Gotta remember that." Diego said while I held in a laugh.