55 ~ The cries of princess

Abhishree POV

It was like another day. I was indulging in some work along with Sakhi Bai. She was helping me in the preparation of a Dupatta that I was embroidering for Maa Saheb.

I was stitching it on one end and she was working on the other side. There were a few more ladies in my chamber doing some daily chores and others were my newly made friends.

We were discussing our husbands as it was a hot topic these days. It has been more than two weeks since Princess Gulaab had married. Prince was being normal now. He was so lost when she left the empire. But, now he was doing fine.

Everyone was talking about themselves while I was listening to them with happiness.

They had most often questioned me about my marriage too. As all knew that it happened suddenly but no one was aware of how it happened or not.

Suddenly, the announcement was made by the attendee that Maa Saheb was coming here to meet me.

I stood up in respect and everyone else too.

I greeted her when she stood in front of me. She was looking furious angry when she ordered.

"Privacy!" She said loudly and everyone left us alone in no time.

"Abhishree, I want to know in what circumstances your wedding happened with Raj," She asked in fury without even sitting down.

I was caught off guard for a moment but collected myself quickly. I realized that if she was asking that question that means I had to tell the truth.

"Ji, Maa Saheb, He was very angry that time. He started taking the holy rounds with the hurtful vows" I tried to explain.

"Hurtful vows, what do you mean?" She asked.

I took a breath to collect the confidence to tell her whatever happened clearly.

She clearly looked hurt. Her face fell with distrust and an unbelievable look.

"And you didn't even tell me?" She screamed at me.

I shivered.

"Do you think it's logical and appraising?" She asked yelling at me.

"Are you even aware that what they call this type of marriage... Well, I don't think it's called even marriage. And you hid it from me. I will never forgive you for this." She said.

"I am sorry Maa Saheb, I didn't know what to do. I didn't think like that," I tried to explain but nothing came from my mouth. Tears started flowing from my eyes and she said.

"Shut up!, you have really hurt me deeply" She declared and went from there.

I collapsed on the floor not knowing what happened all of sudden.

I didn't know why everything seems changed.

Her words started alarming in my head. The moment when she reminded me that our marriage is not even called marriage shook me to the core.

Then what was I to King Rajvardhan?

What was between us?

What would my child be called?

My head started hurting and just then Sakhi bai came to me hugging me tightly.

"Abhi," She called and I broke into her arms.

"Shhh, calm down. What happened?" She asked.

"Sakhi, Maa Saheb said we are not married." I tried to comprehend in a hoarse voice.