Remember Me

A/N: In this one-shot, Ahsoka never left and we are in the ROTS timeline where Anakin (or Vader?) storms the Temple alongside the 501st Legion.

***

The dark navy Coruscanti skies had quickly faded to an inky black. Everything was still; no traffic, no drunk drivers honking obnoxiously at other vehicles. It was as if the entire galaxy knew what had happened.

Chancellor Palpatine- now Emperor Palpatine- had ordered the brutal mass genocide of the Jedi Order. Ahsoka Tano had felt it. As each of her beloved brothers and sisters was murdered, shot by their clone allies they thought they could trust, their presences were torn from the Force. Where each light presence of a Jedi should've been, only a gaping empty void of misery remained.

As each member of the Jedi Order was slaughtered, her tightly-knight Force Bonds with them also severed as easily as the breaking of a delicate branch. Master Plo. Master Secura. 

They had all been her friends. Her family.

Just as she thought the situation couldn't get any worse, she was immediately proven wrong. She couldn't feel Anakin's presence. Was he safe? Was he alright? Was he alive? The Dark Side of the Force clouded her perception; she could no longer rely on it. It was no longer her ally.

I have to help. I can't let any more Jedi go down without a fight.

Ahsoka steadied herself before slipping on her dark cloak. As she left her quarters, her senses widened, scanning the area. There was simply no other way to avoid the traitorous clones.

As the new Knight sprinted down the hallways of the Jedi Temple, she was overwhelmed by the ghastly sight before her. Bodies were everywhere. Younglings, Padawans, Knights, and Masters alike lay on the once grandiose hallway, a fresh, sizzling lightsaber wound impaling them, highlighting their death.

Who could've done this?

It couldn't have been any of the clones. These wounds were clearly made from a precise, calculated lightsaber attack. A Sith? A rogue Jedi? Both seemed possible, but she didn't — couldn't — believe that a Jedi may be the mastermind behind this attack.

Letting the Force guide her, Ahsoka continued running down the hallway. The brightly-lit Temple stank of the immense greed, power, and cruelty of the Dark Side.

There must be Younglings in the Council Chambers, she thought with a new surge of adrenaline, I can sense them!

With a newfound glimmer of hope, boosted by the thought of saving innocents, she burst into the Chambers — only to be greeted by a her worst nightmare.

A cloaked, hooded figure stood facing the class of Younglings, sapphire blade ignited.

"No!" Ahsoka screamed, rushing in front of the frozen children. In shock, the attacker glanced up at her,  revealing their identity.

Anakin Skywalker.

"No," she gasped, tears beginning to spill from her eyes. It all made sense. She hadn't been able to sense him, because he had been shrouded, twisted, corrupted by the Dark Side. He was the one who had murdered all the Jedi, his family, her family, without mercy. "No! she cried out again, "Anakin, why are you doing this?"

He showed no remorse, glaring harshly at the girl whom he once saw as a sister. "Get out of my way, Ahsoka," he growled.

"I will not move! You're- you're going down the wrong path!" She sobbed, fingering her lightsabers. "This isn't the Jedi way!"

"The Jedi are no more," he spat. "They all stood in the way of saving Padmé, and they all deserve to die. I will ask you once more: move before I kill you, too."

Ahsoka tried to come up with something- anything- to stall time in hopes help would come. She could find nothing that did not hurt Anakin as well. Despite his crimes and _____, she still loved him. Years of working side-by-side had created a bond that was not easily broken. Yet she saw no choice but to attack him where he was weakest right back. "Is this what she would've wanted? Would Padmé have wanted you to do this — to kill everyone in a fit of fury — for her?"

Anakin's saber lowered by a fraction.

"Is this what your mother would've wanted? She wanted her Ani to grow up as a Jedi, like a hero! Not a mass murderer who forsook everything to save one person."

She knew she'd struck a nerve. His blade lowered once again, fiery yellow eyes flickering between a vivid ocean blue and a devilish, contaminated gold. Two people were battling for one soul - one was Anakin Skywalker, a loyal, kind and compassionate hero of the Clone Wars. The other was Darth Vader, a relentless, cruel, and merciless killer.

Fire and ice danced around one another, both battling for dominance.

"Ahsoka-" Blue eyes sparkled with tears of remorse. "I'm so sorry. Sidious-"

"Promised me unlimited power, the power to save Padmé, a power the Jedi could never figure out. They are weak." Yellow glared in hatred at the young woman standing before him.

"Anakin-"

As the blazing fire in his eyes died out, Anakin re-opened their Force bond, showing his beloved sister one final memory. A final memory before Vader would inevitably come out victorious once more. "Remember," he managed to choke out.

The Council Chambers dissipated, the colours fading into black and white as a flashback played in their bond.

Nineteen-year-old Anakin held a shaking Ahsoka in his arms, softly singing a beautiful melody to calm her down.

"Remember me...
Though I have to say goodbye,
Remember me.
Don't let it make you cry,
For even if I'm far away, I hold you in my heart.
I sing a secret song to you each night we are apart."

The scene dissipated, like food colouring in water. The Council Chambers reappeared as the memory slowly came to a close.

"Remember me." Were the last words Anakin Skywalker whispered to Ahsoka Tano as his gorgeous blue irises faded for the last time in a long time, entombed by a fiery hue of Sith gold.

***