Chapter 13

Ethan's POV

I was currently on my way to Skylar's room. Her hips were swaying in front of me and I couldn't stop my imagination from running wild. She looked gorgeous tonight with a skinny jeans, high heels and an off shoulder top. I had never really seen her casual, it was either her formal wear or night dresses , not that she didn't look good in them.

She opened the door to her room and went into the bathroom without saying a word. We were in the middle of a fight, this was expected.

I took a seat on the bed. 

This morning I just couldn't think straight when I got to know that Skylar was adding finishing to my project. The worst part is that she kept all of this from me for a month. I was oblivious and when Mr. Zane asked how she was handling the final stage, I was caught off guard but played along but on the inside I felt like a fool.

A fool who didn't know about his own wife.

Why did he ask Skylar to do it for him? Was I not good enough? But before I could think, I marched into her office and told her off. It was good to know that she didn't back down from a fight but the fact that she intervened in my project was unsettling--even though it shouldn't be.We're one now, our companies are merged.Despite having a firm and leading it , the only thing that truly belongs to me there are my ideas, my original works and I get defensive when someone adds changes to that against my will.

My insecurities should not reflect this much.But I had given into them the moment I tore up those plans impulsively--something that I've regretted since that moment itself. I should apologise to Skylar but I didn't have the courage to be an asshole and then simply say sorry.

I got up and started looking around and came across her childhood pictures. She looked like she had the time of her life.However, most of them were with her mother. She must have been very close to her.

The bathroom door clicked and she came out in her pyjamas.Before I could say anything, she walked out of the room. Great.

I hopped in the shower and when I came out, she was standing there with a t shirt and a pair of sweatpants.

"These are Asher's." She said as a way of explaining me. I nodded and took the clothes.
She went out again. 

How long are we gonna ignore each other? I hate it when she doesn't say anything.

After a while I heard a knock and Ava came in. "Hey! Where's Skylar?"

"I don't know." I breathed out while hanging up the towel.

"Oh she must be downstairs already then. Anyways, we're having a movie night, you guys have to join us."

I looked at her skeptically.

"It's compulsory." She said in a bossy tone as she closed the door after herself.

I love the fact that she gave me a choice. Not.

I walked down to the tv room and saw Asher and Ava on the couch under a blanket, Emilia sitting on a bean bag. She smiled at me, "It's a tradition, whenever we have a sleep over, we have a movie night." I smiled at her. Good for them, cherishing their childhood memories. I barely had any as Dad had always drilled me to work on myself so that I can take over the company one day.I didn't have traditions with my sibling.

Skylar walked in with three bowls of popcorn followed by a staff member holding some drinks. She was shocked to see me, I guess she didn't really expect me here.She walked to the other recliner and made herself comfortable, everybody including her looked at me expecting me to sit with her. I wordlessly moved towards her, lifted her and positioned myself underneath her. She hesitantly sat on the space beside me with half her body on mine.