twenty-two

"oh, love?" donghyuck called mark once he entered the room. the assassin was confused as they have agreed on their nicknames but realized the other male in the room making him snicker. 

if donghyuck wasn't one of sungchan's favorite hyungs then he might already had a taste of the male's fist. back then, he'd tease him about being a single ass and how he'd probably grow old that way. now he gets picked on for calling his partner  'love'. 

unfortunately for the tall male, the investigator-assassin couple walked in on them. walked in on them calling each other love. nothing more, alright? they ain't wilding, they're just cute babies.

at first, donghyuck was extremely thrilled at how sungchan still had enough trust in him to rebuild the relationship and take it up a bit. he didn't expect it to be this soon and thought renjun was just joking when he told them about the two flirting around. being the rascal he is, of course teasing comes with it. thus, the present.

"so, channie baby or should i say love?" mark joined in the mocking, "are you planning to take him out some time?"

"his working on the plan for his sister," the affairs officer frowned. he wants to help so they can get her faster and bring her back safely but he's not on the case. he badly wants to take him on a date but his love comes back to his room looking extremely tired and at times, emotional. sungchan thinks it might be a bad timing to convene with the situation. "i don't want to be like a distraction to him. that's just bad?"

"then make it feel like he's resting?" donghyuck suggested, seeing that the teasing won't do any good anymore and that the younger male seems troubled with the idea. "he might just need you to at least ease up the exhaustion a bit."

"you're right," sungchan answered in a soft voice and quickly thought of something they could do, "you're right!" he answered again in a louder voice as he abruptly stood up scaring the two older  members, making the tanned male suddenly cling to his assassin lover. 

"come on!" the affairs officers insisted, pulling on the smaller's arm towards the stairs. 

"what if taeyong comes in to check on me if i'm done with my research and finds that i'm not here?" shotaro protested, trying to fight of the taller male. "besides, i don't have money for this date, channie!"

"here's some cash," the two suddenly hugged one another when their boss appeared behind sungchan holding out a wallet. "i heard from donghyuck that you wanted to take out shotaro on a date and i completely allow you to. you need to relax a bit, taro. don't want this to cause you some more emotional trauma. i can resume the research or i can call donghyuck for that."

they slowly let go of the embrace, one of them was still unsure leaving his task behind and the other was smiling, glad that he had additional allowance for the date. sungchan took hold of the wallet while gently pulling again on the smaller's arm, "see? he's allowing you, so let's go!"