1

"Ted! We're out of cereal!" Schlatt shouted from the kitchen with a groan. "What the hell am I supposed to eat for breakfast now?!"

An annoyed sigh left as he stood in the bathroom, combing his hair. "Maybe put your sorry ass to use and cook real fucking food!"

"Cereal IS real food! And, Mr. Smart-ass, we're out of eggs too!" Schlatt argue, letting out a groan as he looked through the fridge. "And milk!"

Silence filled the house for a moment before Ted poked his head out of the bathroom. "What do you mean we're out of milk?! I bought some two days ago!"

Schlatt rolled his eyes as he slammed the fridge door. "Knowing you, you probably drank it all already!"

"Oh, fuck off, Schlatt!" Ted huffed, rolling his eyes as he stepped out of the bathroom. "You use it, too! To make your dumb bowls of cereal!"

"Dumb?!" Schlatt shouted, almost in disbelief. "I can't believe what I'm hearing!"

Rolling his eyes, Ted crossed his arms. "Oh, so you're the victim now, huh?! Maybe if you didn't eat cereal almost all the time we wouldn't be having this conversation!"

Meanwhile Charlie was sitting on the couch, he let out a small sigh as he overheard the two arguing. He stood up and turned the TV off. "Right, I'm going shopping!" He shouted out, getting the other two's attention.

"Great!" Schlatt said with a huff. "Oh, could you get some-"

Charlie waved his hand at him telling him to stop as he put on his shoes and slipped on a jacket. "Both of you just text me things we need!" He huffed out, before grabbing his keys and heading out of the house.

It always annoyed him when Schlatt and Ted argued, though it was probably just something to grow used to since it happened so often.

Climbing into his car, Charlie let out a sigh and buckled up. His phone already began to buzz, the two others probably already sending him lists of things they wanted from the store. He let out a sigh and started the car, before beginning to drive.

~

After a painfully long two hours of shopping Charlie let out a sigh as he pushed the cart back to his car. He popped the trunk and began to lead groceries into the back, humming quietly to himself.

"I better not here them arguing about groceries after this.." He muttered to himself, grabbing a few bags from his cart and setting them in the back.

As he sat the groceries down, though, a small noise caught his attention. He had to stand there for a moment and look around, but he couldn't tell where it was coming from exactly.

It sounded like.. a baby crying?

He shrugged it off and continued to put groceries away, figuring it was just a baby crying while it's parents put groceries away.

Soon he finished with putting the groceries away and closed the trunk, pushing the cart over to a cart hold and pushing it with the others. But, what confused Charlie the most, is that the cry never stopped.

This caused him to get curious now. Why weren't these parents dealing with their kid? He slowly began to walk into the direction of the cries, hoping to possibly see where the source was.

The cries only grew louder and louder as he walked, but surprisingly, he didn't see anyone else putting groceries away in their car. He didn't see anyone else in the entire parking lot.

What caught Charlie's attention, though, was something else. Not cars, not people, not carts.. but instead, a cardboard box resting besides a trashcan.

Though it took a moment for Charlie to process what was going on, his eyes soon widened as his brain pieced things together. And once it did, he immediately rushed over to the box without hesitation, crouching down beside it.

"Oh my.." He muttered softly, his voice trailing off as he inspected a note that rested on top of the box. The box was closed, but thankfully it wasn't taped shut or anything like that.

Removing the note from the top, he immediately opened the flaps of the box, being met with a small baby, who was crying, and wrapped up in a blanket.

"Whoever finds this, please take care of her. I can't take all of the pressure and I won't be a good mother, I just know it." The note read, which caused Charlie to frown a bit.

Looking around, Charlie let out a sigh, before looking back at the baby. He carefully picked her up keeping her wrapped in the blanket, before looking around. "Right.." He said with a gulp, before quickly rushing back into the store.

If they were going to look after this baby at least for a little bit they at least had to have a few things for it, like food, diapers, etc. And by the way the poor thing was crying, she was probably hungry.

Charlie rushed through the store after grabbing a basket and held the baby close to him, quickly heading into the baby isle.

"Right.. bottles.. formula.. diapers.. uhh.." He grew a bit nervous and carefully rubbed the baby's back, just throwing a bunch of random items into the basket. As well as a few pairs of clothes, too, just in case.

After that was all done he quickly rushed to the front, watching impatiently as the cashier scanned all of the items. He paid once the whole thing was over, quickly grabbing the new groceries and rushing out back to his car.

He opened the back and sat the things down, shushing the child and patting her back as she cried. "Shh.. uhh.. don't cry.. please?" He begged as he closed the door, quickly going around and getting in the driver seat.

Before being able to start the car though his phone began to ring, he let out a frustrated sigh but was thankful he was able to get the baby to quiet down a bit. He grabbed his phone seeing it was a call from Ted.

Once he answered he didn't even get a chance to speak. "Charlie, where the hell are you?! It's almost been three hours!"

"Well, Ted.." Charlie said with a gulp. "I've been a bit.. occupied.. with something.. something..

.. unexpected."