80

This chapter is from another unknown P.O.V.

"A fucking ball...I should've known this was annual. I was so fucking naive to think they didn't happen anymore. He actually invited me to join him this time... he fucking asked me to go to an auction!" I was trying to keep my voice down but the amount of rage I was feeling was suffocating. "I wanted to scream at him and ask if he knew what happened to the girls sold during those parties... I would know."

I looked into my brother's eyes and he didn't say anything, he knew it was better not to talk to me when I was feeling like this.

He knew how much I had to endure every fucking day... but it was all going to be worth it very soon.

I honestly never thought I would be invited to one of the parties I was forced to be a part of when I was younger... when it all started.

Desmond had never participated me in this side of his business, but it didn't matter at all. I had enough access to his phone calls, listening to his meetings, walking in and out of his office whenever I wanted, checking his emails... no one would ever suspect dumb gold-digger Cindy.

I knew everything there was to be known, except for this masquerade ball.

But it was because Desmond didn't organize it... Catherine Horan was the one responsible.

Being the naive and stupid girl that only cared about spending Desmond's money gave me many privileges. No one ever suspected my motives, I just had to wear short dresses and show a little cleavage, smile some more and pretend I was stupid.

That's how I won Desmond over, for example. And that's how I kept his son distracted, I was pretty sure Harry thought I wanted to fuck him.

Men were so fucking weak. I learned the hard way how to have them wrapped around your fingers, it was basically about survival. Being passed around like an object, used and abused as they wished, just sort of made me numb to men. Numb to life, in general.

But I thought I would stay numb for longer, until Desmond said he wanted me to be by his side during this special event...

He was clearly trying to include me more and I had actually seen the engagement ring he had bought me when I was snooping around his closet, and he was so fucking pathetic to think I would actually want to spend the rest of my life with him.

This was the most difficult thing I ever had to do, but my focus was on the results... the main goal of this whole fucking plan.

Desmond wanted me around now that he trusted me enough, and he would show me off to his friends. Earning his trust took me a couple of years, but it was worth it. It was all going to be worth it.

We all have our triggers though... and mine was this fucking party.

They kept selecting a few girls, dressing them up and making them walk down a runway to present themselves to the buyers. Some of them decided to use you in one of the many rooms available during the event, others decided to take you home. The amount of money they paid varied with their choice of usage.

In my case, I was passed around during one of these parties. Mark Tomlinson, Roger Cunningham, Gael Cruz, and Luchas Johnson.

Those were their names... they didn't even bother to check if I was alive once they were done, I was just left there. I felt nothing.

I was nothing.

But I didn't die, someone else found me after the party was over.

I was trying to connect the dots now... Anne didn't help me out of the kindness of her heart, she felt guilty. She fucking knew about the party and she faked that whole innocent facade.