24- The Iconic Color War

***

***

As the short weekend flew by, all signs of summer went away with it. Gone was the warm breeze that would tickle your nose in Care of Magical Creatures, and the sunburnt necks you would often see from students taking Herbology out in the greenhouses. The sun went down before dinner time, and a soft, yet growing chill would invade your senses each time a window was opened.

After spending her first weekend back at the school where she was once brutally traumatized, none of her new Slytherin 'friends' had seen her over the course of the lazy weekend days. This was due to Rory and Frankie having their annual sleepovers, under diary-Tom's watchful eye of course. After such a hectic first week full of classes and manipulation, Rory was exceptionally thankful that she had found a home and safe haven within her Werewolf Hufflepuff. No matter how many wish her ill or are conspiring against her, Aurora knew that the one person she could wholeheartedly trust would be Frankie Day.

All good things must come to an end, however, as time could either be your greatest friend or worst enemy. Unfortunately, Aurora had no say in the matter as Monday approached upon the Hogwarts students quicker than she would've preferred. She would soon be thrown back into the toxic personal hell that is Tom Riddle and all of his bad decisions and deeds. Not to mention, she still had a curious Dumbledore that she would soon have to face and explain her long, long story to. Rory couldn't decide which she dreaded worse.

So, after one last carefree breakfast at the Hufflepuff table with Francis, who was feeling miles better, Aurora begrudgingly headed to her first class of the day— Defense Against the Dark Arts.

In her procrastination and dread to face the music, Rory arrived right as the bell rang. She looked around all of the partnered students and found an empty seat beside a Ravenclaw girl who's face she could not see. Plopping down ungracefully into the seat beside the blue and bronze stranger, Aurora begrudgingly looked to the front as Merrythought emerged from her office.

Rory didn't even try to force herself to listen to the old woman drone on about magic she'd already mastered. Instead, Aurora was entertaining herself in writing to Tom under the desk. And by writing, she really meant annoying him in every possible way.

So, do you think that a centaur is bred from a human having a relationship with a horse? If so, shouldn't that be illegal?

I despise you with my entire being.

I mean really, what kind of sicko saw a horse and was like, "damn that horse is looking kinda nice today."

You make me want to end my quest to immortality.

Or like, if a horse is eating an apple in front of that human, would he be like, "Oh? Is this fine specimen of a horse flirting with me?"