United: Part 2

⚠︎ depiction of sexual content ⚠︎

I closed my locker, trying to suppress the idiotic smile that had been stuck on my face all day. Last night's memories were playing on repeat inside my head and had me blushing like crazy. I still couldn't believe that I had actually done that. Jungkook and I didn't get to sleep for long yesterday, yet he still managed to get up early and make amazing breakfast in bed for us. After the very steamy shower and me almost being late to class because of it, I found a note from him in my pencil case. It was a small drawing of a puzzle piece, showing both of our hands intertwined. My favorite one so far. I put it on the inside of my locker along with the other drawings he had made for me ever since he showed me his notebook and was now on my way to have lunch. As I turned around to go to the school yard, my eyes fell upon Jungkook and his friends, who were walking down the hallway, chatting.
"Tired, Kook?", Jimin asked and patted his shoulder knowingly.
"Yeah. I didn't get to sleep last night."
"Too busy making some girl scream for you?", Taehyung giggled, but Jungkook shook his head and glanced over at me.
"Not this time. This one's special. She completely wrecked me last night and god, was it amazing.", Jungkook smiled with a spark of lust in his eyes.
I pressed my lips together to contain my smirk and ended up hugging the book in my arms a little tighter. He seemed to enjoy my reaction, especially my flushed cheeks and slightly scrunched his nose in adoration and affection for me.
"Oh my god! BABE!", a squeaky voice echoed through the school and made all of our heads whip around.
A cute girl about my age ran down the hallway and towards the boys, with open arms and contagious laughter.
"No way! Cutie pie, is that you?", Jungkook grinned back and spun her around after she jumped into his embrace.
The scene in front of me made my eyes widen in both shock and disbelief, while my heart just...stopped. The girl kissed his cheek and hugged him tightly right after.

You got to be kidding me.

"I missed you so much, babe. We barely see each other ever since you moved.", she pouted and squished his cheeks.
"I missed you, too, cutie pie. What are you doing here?"
They started a conversation and made their way over to the cafeteria, suddenly also changing my plans of reading in the school yard to following them instead. The entire group sat at their usual table and I took a seat on the one next to it.
"It's truly been forever since we've last seen each other. How have you been? Still too caught up with baseball to have a life?", she giggled and rested her chin on Jungkook's shoulder.
"Mostly, yes. What about you? Still the notorious flirt that knows no rules?"
"Hey, it's not my fault that trouble always finds me.", she shrugged and ruffled his hair.
"My parents miss you like crazy and ask about you all the time. We're going on vacation to the Maldives next spring, you should join us."
"I'll think about it, alright? Tell them I miss them too though.", he chuckled and booped her nose.
At that move, I averted my eyes to the book in my hands and noticed how I had been clawing on to it this entire time. I tried to distract myself from them by reading until the break was over, but whenever either of them laughed or giggled, my eyes wandered back to their table for a moment. Needless to say that I wasn't happy seeing them all close and touchy. I clenched my jaw and rolled my eyes when Jungkook removed a bit of powdered sugar from the corner of her mouth and licked it off himself. Just yesterday he had me dripping for him with a similar move, but now watching it from afar...
It almost made me nauseous.
In that moment, the bell rang and announced the end of the lunch break and the upcoming beginning of my only afternoon class today; chemistry. One of the few classes I shared with Jungkook.

Great.

At least I still noticed how he said goodbye to her and told her that they would meet up tomorrow because he had plans today. Plans with me perhaps? It couldn't be. If she was his girlfriend and came for a surprise visit, he surely must have a different reason to ditch her. Maybe additional baseball practice. I think my mind couldn't fully process the idea of him being a playboy or else I wouldn't be so calm. He's always been so sincere and honest with me that it just wouldn't...make sense.
Unless he was an amazing liar.
He was somewhat part of the entitled trash bags after all. Cheating and affairs were part of their lifestyle. Part of the membership criteria was probably a secret girlfriend from his hometown that nobody here knew of...or maybe the other way around. A new life with new people and opportunities, that his girlfriend doesn't know of. I never thought that I would be the other woman and now that it happened, I felt disgusted with myself. More so mad or actually angry at Jungkook though. I slumped onto my seat in the back of my classroom and looked out of the window. There just has to be another explanation for all of this. One that didn't mean he wasn't as good of a person as I thought he was. One that wouldn't mean he used me. One that would allow us to just continue with our relatio- agreement; our agreement of course.
Nothing more.
The room gradually filled with more people and no matter how hard I tried, my peripheral vision instantly noticed when Jungkook came in. He tried to hold back a smile as he walked over to me, but ended up taking a seat at the table in front of me. Someone also sat down next to me, but I didn't pay much attention to it and just kept my eyes on the window to my left. The teacher announced a lab activity for today and that we could choose our partners. I flinched when two girls practically jumped towards Jungkook to work with him and quickly rolled my eyes in irritation and further anger. This behavior wasn't new for me, but now knowing that he had a girlfriend, it did get on my nerves even more. Admittedly though, it were only two girls instead of the usual eight to ten, so my rumor kept serving its purpose very well. They were at the left side of the table, leaned on their arms resting on the surface to emphasize their cleavages and Jungkook had turned his entire body towards them while talking. That way he was also able to watch me from the corner of his eye. These situations were the worst. I was confronted with a prime example of how we couldn't be together in school. If the choice was really up to me, I might've wanted to work with him and judging by his repeated glances, he felt the same. What was I thinking?! That was crazy. I shouldn't want to work with him and I must be imagining things about his glances.
"Hey. Since we're already next to each other, wanna be partners?", the guy next to me asked with a friendly smile.
I eyed him up and down for a moment, but figured that I didn't have any other choice anyways and it was very rare that someone asked me first.
"Yeah, sure. I'm Y/N.", I tried to return the smile as best as I could, but probably failed.
"I know. It's nice to finally talk to you, Y/N. I'm Namjoon.", he greeted me back and extended his hand.
"I know. We have a lot of classes in common. Chemistry, biology, math and..."
"...music, P.E. and of course history.", he added with a chuckle.
"Yeah", I giggled and raised my head to the teacher that handed out our papers.
"Ladies, if Mr. Jeon can't decide, just pair up and let him work on his own. We don't have all day.", she sighed as she turned to the table in front of us.
The girls frowned and looked almost pleadingly at Jungkook, who just shrugged at the teacher's suggestion.
"We're an odd number of people anyways. Go back to your seats now. Mr. Jeon, this is indeed supposed to be a group project."
"I'm sure you could do it on your own, but why don't you just join... Ms. Y/L/N and Mr. Kim? Would you mind taking Mr. Jeon into your group?", she asked and I hesitantly looked over to Jungkook who seemed just as startled as I was.
"No problem.", Namjoon assured with a hesitant smile, as if he didn't know how to feel about this change of events either.
Jungkook pressed his lips together and reluctantly moved his chair over to our table to sit opposite of me.
"Don't worry. I won't interrupt or hinder your progress. I'll just work on my own and turn to you when I have a question.", he mumbled.
"That might be for the best.", I agreed, but Namjoon said something else at the same time. "We don't mind if you join us."
"Let's just start working, shall we?", I cleared my throat and averted my eyes to the paper on the desk.
"The first one is galactose.", the guy in front of me whispered, making me raise my head to look at him annoyedly.
I knew that he was smart and all, but this was just unnecessary.
"Are you just going to tell us all the answers, Mr. know-it-all?", I scoffed. He fixed his eyes on mine and cocked an eyebrow.
"If you want me to, sure."