Chapter 1

Chapter 1: System and Host

         Asner Graves. That was his name. He was just a 5-year-old child. Wise and intelligent beyond his years but still normal as he can be. He has a lot of acquaintances and friends. Normal children friends and teen and adult acquaintances around their city.

Being intelligent in their city could almost be considered as common. It was the norm there considering the reputation of their city. Parents would always teach their children at the very early years. People that lived there are proud of the city. Upholding to their reputation and their name– because it would be considered to be a shame if someone failed to represent the reputation of the city.

Asner Graves was raised by his father alone. His mother died after a few minutes of giving childbirth to him. His father didn't bear a grudge on him. He never did. He was thankful that his father wasn't a bloody arsehole. He was a responsible father who raise him with love and care. Even most of the time he wasn't there because he was doing his job. Despite that, Asner loves his father. They are just a pair of father and son in their city. A sweet and loving family towards each other.

Yet, the status quo changed one day. An unfortunate accident that made Asner different from an intelligent but normal child. Asner has been involved in an unfortunate car crash accident as one of the victims. He has been comatose for 1 week. But then, he was fortunate that he woke up and still alive.

Asner was grateful for that. Grateful that he was still alive and living his second chance. Asner could admit that he wasn't that Asner from before. He wasn't a normal 5-year-old child the moment that he woke up. Asner has been stuffed with memories that don't belong to Asner during his 1-week comatose state. Those memories belong to a man. A 20-year-old named man by the name of Theodore Miles. An American man who lived in New York for 20 years but died in an unfortunate car accident.

A car accident also sent the Asner from before in a near state of experiencing death. Asner or not Asner, there was one thing that he was certain about. He bloody hated cars. They are evil that must be eradicated.

  Soon, Asner was discharged from the hospital after the doctor and nurses deemed that he was healthy and cleared. His father was glad that he was in full health back again and so is Asner. He was relieved that his father wasn't playing blame himself the game and they didn't need to go on that unnecessary drama. His dad is a rational man, and just like the other parents of the children on the school bus, he demanded and fined the company and man responsible for the accident.

Asner was back at his life again. Alive and with memories that he deemed as "memories of his past life". Asner decided that he would live as he wanted to be. There was nothing wrong with an extra set of memories. He would still go to school, grow up again and fulfill his dreams just like the other people out there. No one questioned his increase in grades. His teachers just deemed it as him being determined to study more and work hard. Asner was glad and elated when he heard his father saying that he was proud and happy for him.

Asner decided that he didn't mind the extra baggage that was his past life memories if he would get the recognition of his father and parents as a result. People wouldn't suspect that anything about him isn't normal since he is the only one who knows his wrongness and abnormality. He was still a normal person who has a set path in his life and the goal of fulfilling his dreams.

Yet, as the 6 months came after his unfortunate car accident, life decided to break his determined path of normal life. The strange monotone voice appeared on his mind one day. Along with holographic windows that he could only see.

It, The being decided to introduce itself as the system. Reminiscence of those crappy web novels genre that he read in his past life. Asner wasn't happy glad or elated as would expect to be with the arrival of the system. Like Theodore, he would be. But not him. He wasn't Theodore anymore. But a child named Asner Graves. A child who dreams to be just like his Father. A moral and upright man dedicated to teaching people and was admired by their neighbors in the city. A very respected professor and researcher.

He was just a child who wanted to be normal. For his father to discover that there is something unusual on him. In his past life memories, Asner was aware of what would happen to people that weren't deemed normal by everyone.

Rumors, discrimination, ostracized and hated by everyone. Just because you are different from them. Like Theodore, he was aware of the disgusting nature of humanity and society. You shouldn't be at the bottom because you would suffer. You shouldn't also put yourself at the highest part of the pyramid. Since there was a saying “ The higher you go, the harder they fall.”

This was a second chance for Asner. A second chance for Theodore. He shouldn't make a mistake and not become different from other people.

The arrival of the system changed that. Day by day, there would be pop-up notifications that would appear on his mind. He would choose among those lists of quests and fulfill one quest for a day. Simple normal missions like asking the neighbor to walk her dog, groom her cat, participate in a recitation, read a book in the school's library, learn to cook your food, etc. Some of those things weren't things that he wouldn't do before the accident.

His father finds it strange but quite happy and proud of him that he decided to become helpful to people and a very responsible child. Asner could only smile and pretend that nothing is wrong.

He was glad that his everyday mission choices is a lot. Asner was glad that he wasn't forced to do murder, arson, and other heinous crimes that could be found on the other mission list. Every day the system would refresh the 100 mission list and let him choose one. The mission varies from nonsensical to impossible.

Of course, doing those missions aren't fruitless. The System would reward Asner with points or special things for every mission that he has done. Other than a mission, the system has also another function. The system states that it was a shop. And Asner never browse the shop function or even used his earned points.

Every day, Asner always felt horrible. Because he knows that he wasn't normal. If he decided to buy something in that shop, he knows that he would become more different from a normal human. Asner just wanted to be normal.

But as more months passed and his 6th birthday happened, one day, the system decided to issue a special mission. A mission issuing that he save his father from the hands of a secret organization.

-------------------------

AN: And another self Insert Fanfic appears! This time it was an SCP. Sorry if there is much wrong grammar, misuse of words, etc. English isn't my 1st Language. So how is the Fanfiction? I recently discover the SCP and my God, it was so awesome! How come I didn't encounter this during the past years of my life?!