A Little Bit Thunder

It's a dark and stormy night, the wrath of thunder bangs through the home of Nick and Annabelle Fury. Annabelle is in her room with her Captain America night light on and her Captain America plush doll. Both are gifts from Coulson. Annabelle hides under her Captain America blanket. He really wanted her to like Captain America. The rain and a tree branch hits her window.

"It's just a storm it'll go away it'll go away, go away." She said to herself.

The thunder roars as Annabelle jumps out of her bed. She grabs her doll and runs out of her room and goes to her daddy's door. She knocks.

"Dad, open the door I'm scared!" Annabelle cried out. Not even a second later the door opens and Fury picks her up and closes the door.

"It's okay baby it's just thunder, it's okay." He walks back over to his bed and sits Annabelle down.

"It's too loud, I don't like loud noises." She pouted.

"Come on now baby girl it's alright, the storm can't hurt you were inside." Fury pats Annabelle on her head. She sighs and holds her plush doll. "You wanna be a spy you have to be tuff, can't be afraid of a little lighting."

"Everyone has they're weakness." She pouted.

"Like what?"

"Well Captain America's is Ice, I think."
Fury shakes his head. "Uncle Coulson said everyone has their weakness. Do you have a weakness daddy?" Fury looks down at Annabelle.

"I do."

"What is it?"

"...Losing my little girl." Annabelle looks up at her dad.

"Why would you lose me? I'm not going anywhere."

"It's just more of something happening to you like getting really hurt or something." Fury stops talking and down at Annabelle. "I'm okay with you learning how to defend yourself, but are you sure you want to join S.H.I.E.L.D?" Fury asked. She frantically nods her head.

"I wanna kick butt like you and uncle Coulson and help people."

"Alright now it is going to be intense training so be ready okay?"

"Okay daddy." A roar of Thunder rumbles from outside. Annabelle jumps and hides under the covers.

"It's just a little thunder." Fury chuckled.

"That wasn't little dad." Annabelle pouted.

"Come up from under there, let your old man tell you something." Annabelle pops her head out from under the covers.

"Is it Story time?" Annabelle smiled.

"No not story more a life lesson. It's about Thor the Thunder God."

"There's a Thunder God?" Annabelle gasped.

"Oh yeah there's a God for everything. There's even a God for mischief."

"Really? Cool!"

"Anyway Thor the Thunder God controls the thunder so whenever it's storming like this that's all Thor." A rumble of thunder rumbles from outside. Annabelle jumps a little.

"Is that him talking?"

"I'm not sure. Some say it's Thor talking others say it him fighting." Fury shrugs his shoulder. Annabelle looks over at the window seat. She slides down off the bed and opens the window. She holds herself as the cold air flys in.

"Thor, ill give you ice cream if you stop being scary!" Seconds later the rain stops and so does the lighting and thunder. Annabelle gasps and turns to her farther with a confused look on his face. "Daddy I did it, I can give Thor Ice Cream." She smiled. Fury chuckles and smiles at his silly daughter.

"You sure did baby girl. I'm proud. You're already becoming a good spy." Fury stands up and walks over to Annabelle. As as he closes the window Annabelle jumps up and trots to the door. "Where are you going little girl? It is bedtime."

"I'm getting Thor Ice cream, I made a promise." Annabelle opens the door and trots into the hallway. Fury shuts the window and follows behind.

"How about cookies or something instead ice cream so you always make a mess." Fury said following Annabelle to the kitchen. After that night Annabelle wasn't afraid of lighting after that. Over the years she would develop a crush over Thor and his brother Loki. Even though she may never meet them she still hopes that maybe one day Thor will come down and say thank you for the ice cream after all of these years of stormy nights.