44 | all i need

Stepping off the plane into Dallas, I almost drop to my knees and kiss the floor

Stepping off the plane into Dallas, I almost drop to my knees and kiss the floor. After a long two days of trying to avoid Chris Jackson while trying to do my job at the same time, I've developed a craving for some of Jo's homemade apple pie.

And my man's dick, but we don't have to talk about that.

Other than waking up with a random scratch on my arm that wasn't there last night, I'd been pretty happy all morning — even if I had to wake up at 4 AM to catch my flight.

Florence allowed me to leave early, saying that she didn't have any more events that really required her designs. Of course, I would've liked to stay to network but after Case posted that proclamation on Instagram, I just felt emotionally drained.

It seemed Flo understood as well, because she actually booked my ticket for me and told me to stay safe and feel better. I appreciate her quite a bit for that.

I grab my baggage, which wasn't much, and make my way to the area where people are waiting to greet their loved ones. My eyes scan the room, searching for a certain 6'2" football player.

And then, as if his appearance was a blessing sent down from heaven, the face that I've missed catches my eye and a wide smile grows on his face and on mine.

Quickly walking towards him, I evade random children and their parents before being close enough to wrap my arms around Case's neck. He holds me — lifting me until my legs can't touch the dirty airport floor.

"Hi." I bury my head into the crook of his neck as he presses his palm flat against my back.

He chuckles, "Hey, baby."

Before I know it, we're in his car pulling up to a Dunkin Donuts drive-thru, joking about this couple we passed on the way here.

"I bet they're not older than, like, thirteen." I laugh, grabbing change from his center console because he has almost the exact amount in cash.

He throws his head back in laughter, "Course not — that was the most awkward hug I've ever seen."

We pull into a parking spot and begin to eat our food. I munch on hashbrowns and three beyond sausages while Case eats a bacon, egg, and cheese.

We listen to music and just lounge, enjoying the moment together.

"Thank you." I say softly, staring out the window to the passing cars.

Case hums and looks at me, "For what, bubs?"

My gaze transfers to him, but I can't seem to hold his stare for longer than ten seconds before I have to glance down and regain my ability to think.

"For loving me the way you do." I tell him, feeling as the air around us shifts. Not in a bad way. "I've never really..." I pause and roll my eyes at myself. Can I speak without getting choked up? "Never really felt this much love from someone in my life."

"The girls?" He asks.

I shrug, "It's different with them. They're not the ones who practically changed how I view relationships and how to... be with someone." His eyes scan my face as I speak, "You are. You showed me what it's like to be in love with someone. Like, to the point where I think about you every minute of everyday and my heart races and my hands shake and all I want to do is be around you and kiss you and hug you and show you how much I love you and how much I want you to love me back."

I exhale shakily, "And then you do." My eyes flicker to him and I can see tears gathering in his, "You love me back, Case. And I can't thank you enough for that."

Silence passes as he turns completely in his seat, facing me before he cups my cheek. He sniffles.

"Eliana Oakley," He says and immediately my tears begin to flow. He wipes them away, "You never have to thank me for anything. You know why? Because you deserve every bit of happiness and love in your life. You are all I want, Ana. Matter of fact, all I need. You've changed me too, in the best possible way and I'm just... I'm just so thankful for you."

With that, he presses his lips to mine and our tears mix, but we couldn't care less.

"I love you."

"I love you."

And here, ladies and gentlemen, in a Dunkin Donuts parking lot, is when I come to a sudden, yet not so sudden, realization: This is the man I want to spend the rest of my life with.

y'all, so, i work at dunkin and literally EVERYTIME i drink something from there, it gives me the booty giggles, like -

this chapter is so deep for what?? 💀💀