40

Look at us making it to chapter 40. I really wasn't sure how far I would have gotten writing a dark romance book but so far so good.  Hope you guys enjoy the first chapter for the new year🥂.

Kiara

When Dario said he wasn't allowing me to work he stuck to his word. I've been stuck at home for months doing nothing but swelling in more places than my stomach. I'm six months pregnant and I haven't raised a finger to do much at all. Dario treats me like I'm handicapped and it pisses me off.

Worst of all, Dario was against us finding out the gender of the baby in advance so we have no clue what gender our—my baby. For my sanity and my baby's sake I really hope it's a boy. I really can't deal with any extra drama or headache. I have no idea what I would do if I have a girl. Of course I'll be elated but in the same breath I will be beyond troubled knowing how this mafia works when it comes to their heirs.

"Kiara." Great. As soon as I decide to step out of the room for the day someone decided to bother me.

I turned only to be met with an unfamiliar set of blue eyes. I definitely never met this man. His face is one for the memory books. He was tall and equally attractive as any other italian man.

"non ti conosco"
(I do not know you) I probably should've tried to sound a little less rude with my statement but I was simply stating the obvious in my defense. He chuckled clearly not affected by my slight attitude. He probably blamed it on this pregnancy.

"Scusate gattino, sono Sergio"
(Apologies Kitten, I am Sergio) He introduced himself offering his hand with a charming smile. I placed my hand in his for a shake but instead he brought my hand to his lips placing a kiss on it. I snatched mu hand away with wide eyes like he was burning my skin.

"Cosa stai facendo?!"
(What are you doing)

"Sono stato cortese, mi dispiace se ti sei sentito... a disagio"
(I was being kind, sorry if you felt ... uncomfortable.)

"I don't need anyone getting the wrong idea." I raised a brow hoping he understood. Thankfully he nodded, glancing around before bringing his attention back to me. Now, his eyes were glued to my very pregnant stomach.

"Congratulazioni, devi essere eccitato."
(Congratulations, you must be excited.) If only he knew..

"Ecstatic" I said sarcastically but he clearly missed the sarcasm still grinning for me.

He may be attractive but he is definitely weird. What the hell is he even doing upstairs? Dario never had any of his guests anywhere upstairs especially not near our bedroom.

"Cosa stavi facendo quassù?"
( what were you doing here?) I didn't bother to hide my suspicion.

"I was looking for Romano. We were to have a meeting in his office." His english voice was amazing. You could still bear his heavy italian accent though.

"His office is downstairs so you're going to have to make the connection between downstairs and upstairs for me." I said folding my arms.

"You sound quite authoritative. You are a brilliant queen indeed." I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the title.

"I will direct you to the office-

"No need to worry yourself, you are pregnant. Surely, you have better things to do than to guide me down the stairs to a room I am far too familiar with."

"So you admit that you were being sneaky upstairs?"

"Truthfully, I was fascinated by the new painting at the top of the stairs and had to see it up close but when I saw you leaving what I assume to be the bedroom, I was intrigued and just bad to introduce myself to the beautiful Queen."

"It would do you well to stop calling me that, afterall you are aware of my name."

"Hm but the title does suite you even if you are not too fond of it." He smirked.

"The office." I motioned to downstairs hinting his dismissal. He chuckled but nodded nonetheless.

"It was a pleasure, Kiara."

"Goodbye Sergio." I watched as he descended the stairs and all of a sudden didn't feel like following. I was initially heading downstairs but that conversation seems like enough human interaction for the day so I turned on my heel and headed for the library instead.

Dario

"È successo qualcosa di interessante oggi?"(Anything interesting happened today?) I questioned as Kiara emerged from the bathroom wrapped in a white towel

(Anything interesting happened today?) I questioned as Kiara emerged from the bathroom wrapped in a white towel.

"Sicuramente non succede nulla di interessante quando confinati tra le stesse mura ogni giorno."
(Surely nothing interesting happens when confined within the same walls every day.) She responded not bothering to spare me a glance.

"Are you tired of the house, wife?"

"Is that even a question Dario?"

"Come here." I noticed how she tensed up but walked over nonetheless.

With my hand under her chin I lifted her gaze as I looked directly at her. I could never miss what attracted me to this woman. She is truly astonishing. A beauty to say the least. From her weary brown eyes, to her small soft lips, even the freckles that litter her flawless skin. Kiara is breath-takingly gorgeous, any man could see that.

"I have a surprise for you." I drawled carelessly running my free hand through her long soft hair. She raised a brow in question but still remained silent. I've come a long way when it comes to taming her, my prized possession. Rafael never or at least hardly ever had behavioral issues with her friend Kiana. Still, I wouldn't trade them even if I had the chance. I always enjoyed a challenge.

"What is it?" She finally asked.

"Hm, you shall see tomorrow. I'm taking you out." Her shocked expression did not go unnoticed even despite her quickly hiding it behind that nonchalant expression. I smirked at her as my gaze fell to her huge stomach. She was swelling up faster than I expected but it's not like I had much experience in this field. She will be the mother of my first child and those to come. Though the thought of it reminds me of the treachery she committed when aborting what could've been our first child.

Nothing infuriates me more than the memory. I can still feel the rage I felt the moment I discovered the contraceptives and when Marcel informed me of Kiara's abortion. I had no clue that she was carrying which was bad enough but she had the nerve to get rid of the baby on her own knowing she had no authority to do such.

I let go of her face before I snapped on her for the absurd memory. Without another word I left the room.