Chapter Fourteen: Reunion

If it's been five years.... I don't even want to think of what was going to happen. I sighed again as I looked around for my scrying ball, with no luck- Alaric must of taken it. I did give him access to use it, so he must of brought it with him on his journey.

Now that I think about it, Alaric should be on the last few chapters of the novel-just about to become the Emperor. I felt a little sad that I missed some of scenes in the novel that my sister had written but it was probably for the best regardless. But he should of met his soulmate and have bonded by now.

I head out of the house and casted my usual spells to keep  it safe before heading to town. 

::::::::

"Captain Kimbra? Oh, she resigned a few years ago to follow this young bloke." A new guardsman responds after I had asked him about Kimbra. "I'm not too sure why but I've been hearing rumors that he is the so called 'Emperor of the world'."

"Okay..." I swallowed, feeling my stomach drop. "Thank you.

"No problem."

I walked on with shaky legs until I end up near the fountain at the center of town and half-fell onto the stone wall. From what I had remembered, Captain Kimbra was only briefly mentioned in the novel- her reputation of being a wise and capable leader of the Royal Knights; but that was it. Maybe something changed because she taught Alaric swordsmanship.

Another sigh was released into the air as I stopped myself from overthinking. There is no point for worrying about something that I can't change.

::::::::

I flopped onto my bed as I felt exhaustion creep in, but I was glad to be home. I barely managed to crawl under the covers before I succumbed to it, falling into a dream-less sleep which I could escape to.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Quiet foot steps stopped right before door, opening and closing then continuing to the bed. A large shadow loomed over the sleeping witch, taking in every inch from the top of her head to the tips of her toes.

"Your really back." The shadow whispers, leaning over her: like a predator trapping it's prey. "This time, there is no one who will dare to harm you."

It reaches out it's hand and caresses her cheek lovingly before gently holding up her left hand and kissing her finger causing the invisible ring to sparkle as it revealed itself. 

::::::::

I woke up feeling refreshed as sunlight streamed in through the window. There is no better place to sleep then in your own room.

I stretched a bit before getting dressed, tying back my long hair before heading to the kitchen. Pouring water into the kettle, I set it on it's hook above the fireplace and used a bit of magic to light it. I reached for the usual spot that I keep my mug, but it was not near the sink. Checking the cabinet, I see that it had been placed on the high shelf and struggled to reach it.

My finger tips lightly brushed the handle before the light behind me disappears and a large hand reaches pass mine to grab the mug.

"Is this what you've been looking for?" The owner of that hand whispers in my ear, causing me to violently jump aside in surprise. 

I stare at the man as my heart thumped hard inside my chest, I had put up my barrier and protection spells the night before- so there was no way a random stranger could of come in without my knowledge. 

He smiles at me, casually leaning against the table as his eyes danced with mirth at my reaction, his long black hair framed around his face before spilling behind him. The man was definitely taller than me with a broad chest, strong arms and long legs. But what was most concerning was his aura: it oppressive and almost suffocating.

He seemed to notice was I was trembling and it was like a light was turned off- his aura was gone. I breathed a small sigh, but stayed tense as I inched away from him.

"Do you not recognize me? I didn't think that I changed that much."  

His words made me pause, my races through the short list of people that I knew- but I had no idea who he was. I shook my head, starting to move again.

"Tia." He sighs, standing up and moving close to me. "It's me."

I froze as it finally clicked. It's Alaric. Now, some people might be saying- wow, how can you forget what someone you have lived with for years, looks like: but he has completely changed from the young adult from five years ago.

It wasn't just in the way he now looked- it was how he held himself. This Alaric was completely different from my Alaric. I guess time really does change people.

"A-alaric?" I stammer a little in disbelief.

"Tia." He dazzles me with a large smiles and pulls me into his arms, hugging me tightly. "I'm so glad your back."

'Holy freaking crap.' I think to myself as I could feel his muscles and heartbeat. 'This isn't good.'