chapter two: Ben the boy.

Carpel tunnel is a hell of a thing...that said, I'm going to die from this pain in my hand.

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello??"
I call out, walking in the slightly muddy dirt below my feet...this is definitely a desolate area from my view, is this the place i was supposed to go to? The one with the decreasing population and cut off communications? Wow...we were pretty close before the crash, weren't we? If only we stayed up a little longer.

This place...i knew there was a population problem, but this...its practically a ghost town, i haven't seen a single person yet...just how much of the population is missing?

"Can anyone hear me?? Im a special forces unit, My plane crashed nearby, i need assistance!"
I shout, clutching my arm..i don't have anymore bandages, and its already soaking through, i may have a risk of it getting infected soon...fuck, how deep was it to soak this quickly??

"Please, im bleeding! I need help or I'm going to get an infection!"
I state.

A feint growl emits from one of the houses, i turn to the window and see a figure, staring me down with slightly terrifyingly white eyes, before stepping away from my sight and seemingly disappearing.

"Hey! You there!"
I call out, rushing to the door.

I knock on the door frantically, waiting for that man to open it and let me in...his face makes me feel chills all over, but he may be the only thing between me and a blood based demise...or a hypothermia based one. Its too cold for me to wander in these torn clothes.

"Hey! You!"
A whisper calls out, i turn away from the door and see a boy, probably around 7 or 8 from the looks of it...he's covered in dirt, and his clothes are just as muddy as his face.

"Hm?"
I hum, still waiting for the man.

"Come here! Over here..!"
The boy whispers.

"Im sorry, little boy, I cant play, i need to do something."
I say, i hear footsteps on the other side of the door, nearing me.

"No, you dont understand...you gotta get away...!"
The boy hisses, running to me.

"What do you mea-hey!"
I exclaim as the boy grabs me by the arm, pulling me into what may be his home, locking the door and running to the window.

"Hey! Little boy, you shouldn't have done that!"
I scold him, he motions me to the window. I sigh and walk over to him...no sense in scolding a small child when he won't acknowledge me doing it.

Through the window i see the door to the mans house open, and instead of a man...a monster walks out, with sharp teeth and those horrific white eyes.

"Oh my god.."
I mumble.

"I knew you weren't from here...you have funny clothes. The monsters could've got you if i didn't first."
The boy says.

"Well...thank you."
I say, he smiles, i stare at the thing outside as it gets on four legs and smells the ground...is it trying to pick up my scent?

"So...is this your home?"
I ask.

"No...i can't go back to mine."
The boy says...is he a runaway? Or...an orphan?

"Oh, im so sorry..."
I mumble, the boy shrugs and looks back out the window, but gasps when he does...what does he see?

"Oh no...we need to run!"
The boy says, grabbing my hand and trying to pull me again.

"Wait, why??"
I ask.

"There's more coming! We need to run before we get caught!"
The boy whispers, banging starts at the door, startling the both of us.