Prologue

When you think about it, all they wanted was peace. I was just as wishing them in this seemingly apocalyptic world, who was to say that it was a crime to be friends with the enemy?

Especially when the enemy is just as scared and alone as you are.

I remember hearing about the time when the first hologram came out, of course, I was only seven at the time, but according to the older slaves, it was the biggest hype in a while aside from the see-through TVs.

That was the time when creativity was at its biggest, and the human race was one of those "bigger" things. Our population skyrocketed in 2078, and along the way, we exited our beloved planet earth to something bigger and more sustainable to our population's needs. After that we began colonizing in places I never thought I'd be able to see and of course, I never would.

I was born on a planet we called JCO-AF47 or Jayco for short. This planet is nothing short of the world enormous, we humans haven't even explored it all after colonization in 2130. Because of that factor, we didn't know that it already had sustained life forms on its surface.

I've lived here since my birth in 2142, and it is one of the few human races that survived the war placed by the Sephirmes. The Sephirmes are a superior race to humans and far more developed than us, but one thing I learned fast is they don't use technology.

Their minds were so developed, in fact so developed that their brains could surpass our fastest computers. That alone was scary enough to our generals after studying one of the corpses found near the campsite J-11.

Their bodies stood tall, on average being 6'11 with a lean but strong build. They looked human but were too unbelievably beautiful to be human, and dressed in what seemed to be a mixture of beaded clothing and different animal skins.

As kind and approachable as they seemed, their demeanor was anything but that. After the war between races, the once large human population turned almost nonexistent besides the few families that lived and became a sort of a pet to the wealthy Sephirmes. Carefully "bred" to their liking and sold off and traded like the rest of the animals.

Of course, I was one of those humans.