Chapter 151

Alec had never been more annoyed with Serena in his life.

The twins had accompanied Imogen to the Head office to see Alec, Jace still confused as to why, but it all made sense when he watched Alec stumble as he got out of his chair to greet Imogen.

And then she'd left. Serena had left Alec alone with the woman that scared him when Simon had called, asking for her help and promising to fill her in on all the details about Heidi and the werewolf-vampire dispute that she missed while she was asleep.

Serena had bid goodbye to her grandmother, giving her a long hug in case she didn't get back in time to see her off to Idris, and she was off, having the audacity to wink at her husband before she left.

And after that damage was done, Serena learned that Clary had beaten up Aline and then burned herself purposely in the fireplace.

Imogen was thankfully back in Idris where she wouldn't be hurt and where she wouldn't lose her mind when she found out what Clary, Jace, Izzy and Simon were up to.

Trying to summon Lilith to see if she could remove the twinning rune she put on Clary.

Something neither Alec nor Serena knew about as they tried to help the vampires reorganise themselves under new leadership while also trying to track down the Morningstar Sword, while also still decrypting that data chip they found inside of Greenlaw.

But, Jace and Izzy were reconsidering that. Because if Cain didn't agree to use the Mark of Cain against Lilith, they'd need a second option to contain her while they sent her back to Edom.

And may the Angel help them all if she escaped.