F.i.v.e

Avantika got up early at 6 am and got ready as soon as she could though she slept late at night. Nikhil was still sleeping on bed covered half with blanket.

Avantika came out of washroom adjusting the plates of her purple embroidered saree. She saw nikhil sleeping like a kid and she smiled a little.

She went up to him and gave him blanket properly. She then went to the dressing and wore her magalsutra and then filled the vermilion between the partition.

She went down and helped monisha and kavya to prepare for pooja. It was the festival of Gangor. Siya prepared the sweets.

It was nearly 8:30 when nikhil came down still in his t-shirt and trousers.

"Maa...where is my orange juice??", nikhil asked rubbing his eyes. He was still feeling sleepy.

"Your juice", avantika handed him the juice.

"Thanks!!", he said and then whispered back in her ears, "When did you get up??".

"At 6", she replied.

"Stop kidding", he blurted.

"No, really", she told.

"Is something special today??", he asked a little louder and monisha heard it.

"Oh wow.....nikhil you must grow up now..you are married and you should start remembering all the important dates and events", monisha scolded.

He felt a little embarrassed and said, "Sorry ma"

"And you are not even ready yet", monisha said.

"Do we have to go anywhere??", he added his question.

"Ohh god...what should I do with this boy", monisha said hitting Nikhil's forehead.

Avantika giggled and nikhil gave him an angry look. Avantika controlled and looked down.

"Today is Gangor. Avantika and siya will go their homes and they will come back in evening. You and abir have to go to drop them there as well as to pick them up in the evening", monisha told.

"Maa if bhaiya is going then will drop avantika too", nikhil said.

Monisha widened her eyes giving him an angry look.

"Okay fine. I am going to get ready", he said.

As he went, monisha and avantika bursted out into laughter and gave each other a clap.

After doing the pooja, nikhil dropped avantika.

As she climbed up the stairs, her heart started beating fast. She didn't want to see his father as really hurt her a lot.

As she reached the door, she clicked the doorbell and nandani came and opened the door.

"I am sorry avi. I wasn't able to attend your reception", she said hugging her.

"It's Okay bhabhi", avi replied releasing the hug.

"Come inside", nandani said.

As soon as avantika stepped inside, manik came in front of her and scared her. She screamed loudly. Manik laughed aloud. He loved teasing her sister.

"Bhaiya!! You are so bad!!", avantika blurted

"Sorry but I love to tease my chipkali"  (lizard ; he calls her with this name to tease her)

Avantika took a cushion from the sofa. Manik ran ahead and avantika chased him.

"Oh God!! They still behave like kids", radha sighed.