Chapter 33: This Cheerleader Has Secrets (Part Two)

 "Little secrets grow up to be big lies."

 Would it be embarrassing to say that I had never been shopping? Well if shopping for supplies and necessities for the bakery could pass as shopping then sure I had been.

But clothing wise : Never

Call it impossible, but mum usually bought my clothing, but I wouldn't accompany her being the shy timid bundle of flesh that I was. She chose what I wore, and how I dressed and it would be extremely girly which I didn't feel the least comfortable in. That was until dad died and she turned to working. 

Rita usually shopped for Gabby and I. Aubrey did her own shopping. I told Rita to keep what she bought for me plain and simple. That's when my granny sweaters came active.

"Why are we going shopping?" I asked Kelly who only looked at me in an offended way as if I had just killed her cat or harmed something really close to her.

"Let's face it, Ceri. Your closet needs an upgrade." She sighed, closing the box of pizza.

"You're not going to let me get another slice unless I agree, won't you?" 

"Not one topping." She smiles ever so sweetly, picking up the box and leaving the couch.

I let out an unattractive groan and lugged myself off of the couch as well. "Fine, but if you buy me anything that shows off way too much cleavage I'll shoot you."

Kelly laughed. "You're too nice for that. Besides you don't even own a gun."

I shrugged because it was so true. "Maybe one day I'll just snap."

"I'm sure we'll all be looking forward to that day." She said sarcastically before grabbing a set of keys off of the dining room table. "Mom left her keys and West is at God knows where, so..." Kelly twirled the keys around her index finger slyly with a grin on her face. 

 I shook my head "No way. You might have your license, but you suck at driving." 

She scoffed "That's not what my driving instructor said."

"That's because he was a pedophile and was only interested in trying to get with you." I recall, pushing aside the image of West beating the middle aged man to a pulp a few months back.

"Okay so maybe that's true, but I can drive. You just need to put your life in my capable hands." She smiled with an outstretched hand.

I stared at it for a few seconds before sighing "Fine. But if we die I'll never forgive you." Kelly squealed before pulling me into a hug. 

*

With shopping bags dangling at my wrist I had made up my mind that I couldn't take another step. It was arduous as I had expected it to be. Although my perky brunette friend had managed to hit almost half the entire shops in this huge mall with a bundle of energy. The clothing store we were in was noisy, crowded and I had little by little started to regret coming.

"Okay, so how do I look?" Kelly asked, escaping the changing room for probably the hundred time so far with another glamouring dress.

Unlike the others this one that she had chosen really stood out. The soft fabric graced her feminine body and the white lacing at top sat across her breast. You could tell she felt like a princess in the outfit.

"It's amazing." I smiled as she twirled around in the material. After agreeing to get the outfit she went back into the changing room, returning in the white skinny jeans, floral crop top and converse that she had on before with the dress on her arm.

"Now it's your time, Cinderella." She said which made me flinch hideously.

After several more minutes we had came to a vote on the perfect dress. It wasn't something that Cerise Brookes would wear, but it was beautiful. It was a snow white dress that ran from the bottom of my knees to the top of my chest.  A silk scarf, the color of the morning sky, was wrapped around the waist, held by a silver pendant on the left side. 

"Cerise, you look perfect." Kelly breathed, using her index finger to instruct me to do a little twirl which I glared at her for before doing the action. "Trust me. You're going to knock Carter's socks off" she winks, "if he's wearing any."

I let out a laugh but then my smile faded "Carter?"

"Uh, yeah. You know he's going to be there. He's invited to every single party known to man." She says in a duh tone

Before I can reply I hear my name call out from over the noisy beings in the shop. Kelly and I both look over the heads of people to where the voice came from and spot the dynamic blonde making her way over. 

Excusing herself between people Bianca revealed herself. Her hair unlike the other times I see her in school isn't curled but straight with bangs at the front of her forehead almost hiding her winsome blue eyes.

"Hey, Bianca. What are you doing here?" I asked which is a stupid question since she probably lives to shop and shops to live.

"Just trying to find a outfit for Luke's party." She answers, eyeing my dress watchfully." I see you've found something."

"Uh, yeah." I said, patting the material of my dress awkwardly.

"It's gorgeous! Let me guess, Karen picked it out." 

"It's Kelly." Kelly corrected "And actually Cerise and I picked it out together."

"Oh. Wow, well like I said. Gorgeous." She repeats rather slowly and fiddly than the first time. 

An awkward silence found dawned over the three of us and other's people chatting enveloped us instead, until Bianca spoke up again.

"Your mom's really nice. I helped her pick out a beautiful black fitted dress earlier." 

My eyebrows furrowed at the words that vented out of her mouth. What did mom need Bianca to help her pick out a dress for? 

"A dress for what?"

"Oh you know" She waves her hand dismissively, "My dad took her to some fancy Japanese restaurant earlier."

I gulped loudly. I didn't think mom would go on a second date with Ned after the first one was a complete and absolute horror. Especially without telling me.

"I thought they stopped seeing each other." I said, my voice sounded a bit cracked and high pitched like a guy going through horrible puberty.

"Nope. Guess they decided to give it another try.You know how complicated true love can be."

True love? Was it just me that knew that they only knew each other for no more than three days?

"Well I'll see you at the party. Tessa and Isabella are waiting at Swiss for me. Toodles, sister."

I grimaced at that last word. I watched as Bianca left. A moment or two later her blonde hair had already disappeared in the crowd of shoppers.

*

After paying for our dresses we had both decided to head back to the car. Successfully Kelly had made it to the mall without swerving into another car and killing us  both. We loaded the bags into the trunk and got inside.

"Told you I wouldn't cause us to both end up in the hospital."She said proudly, starting the engine.

"Yeah, you deserve a cookie." I said with a dump truck load of sarcasm, adjusting my seat belt.

"Very funny." She laughed, "So what are you planning on doing about your mom?"

I shrugged. There was nothing I could do. "We'll just have to see where fate takes them both."