14

Hermione granger

There stood Pansy Parkinson. With mascara stains on her cheeks, her lipstick smushed and her dress ripped. Her hair was messy and she was shaking. "P-pansy! There you are—" Zabini started. Pansy looked at him, a tear rolled down her cheek again and then looked at me. She started walking- well, limping towards me. Suddenly I forgot about everyone there. I forgot about my reputation, I forgot about my hatred for her, my confusion about her, everything. I charged forward towards her and went to hold her hands. The moment we touched there was a light flash, a loud bang and I was thrown backwards. I hit the wall behind me high up and then fell down. I groaned as I hit the floor. Ron came running to me. I could hear him screaming my name faintly. I felt dizzy as the world slowly faded away.

"Hermione! Hermione?! Please wake up! Please!" I heard Ronald yell. "Give her some space! Is miss Parkinson alright?!" I heard the unmistakable voice of McGonagall shout. "I didn't expect this combination." I heard a professor I didn't immediately recognize mutter. "Everyone get away from the girls! This is happens sometimes!" McGonagall yelled. I heard students footsteps further. My head was throbbing and there was a ringing in my ears. I pressed my hand against my forehead as I slowly opened my eyes. I saw a blurry Ron above me. He looked different somehow. What happened..? The world started forming again. My eyes widened. I can see color. Are these colors?

I quickly sat up, looking around the room wide-eyed. On the other side of the room was Pansy, sitting up too, equally shocked. I looked to my right to see Professor McGonagall smiling at me. The world was so bright it was causing me another headache. I was slowly processing what just had happened. I touched Pansy and now I can see color. Does that mean... she's my soulmate? Professor McGonagall walked up to me. "Welcome to the colorful world, Miss Granger." She said. I stared at her in confusion. "Pansy is my soulmate..." I mumbled. McGonagall nodded. I had so many questions. I decided to stay calm. "But I never read about something like this happening. What's with the explosion?" I asked. McGonagall smiled. "It happens when the connection between the soulmates is very strong. It happens more frequently with gay couples. It happened to Poppy and me." she said chuckling. "Madame Promfrey is your soulmate?!" I asked. McGonagall nodded, smiling happily.

Slowly the realization sunk in. I turned my head to Ron, who seemed to realize what this meant too. He swallowed, got up and quickly walked away. "Ron..." I mumbled as I watched him walk out. Harry nodded at me and then followed Ron. The entire hall was silent. I stared at the floor next to me as a tear rolled down my cheek. In the corner of my eyes I saw Pansy get up and walk out too. Draco followed her. Ginny walked up to me and helped me up. She took my hand. "Let's go." She muttered as she started leading me forward. "No. Go have fun with Luna. I'll be fine." I said. Ginny glanced at Luna. She nodded and smiled faintly. Ginny turned to me again. "I'll come back here later." She said. Before I could protest she had dragged me out of the great hall.