17. Day Seven of Learning

I hang up the phone, standing in the Kingleys' sunlit kitchen, and grin to myself, excitedly, after having finally managed to secure a meeting with a client that I've been trying to get on board for so long

Open Concept is a company that specializes in various event spaces across the world and Freeform is a small sister company based in Whitfield Hills. It's quite literally a sister company, because it's run by the sister of the founder of Open Concept, Kenton Fendler; a girl named Kelsey Fendler, who, according to their website, has a degree in business management, is a tough cookie in any boardroom and seems like a smiley, pretty girl.

I'm pretty sure that I can get Kelsey on board with my ideas, which is just one step away from gaining Open Concept as a client, so that we can manage their graphics, online content and branding.

I'm still grinning like an absolute loon when Ray walks into the kitchen, grinning like an equal loon.

"I know why I'm grinning like I'm on crack," she tells me, coming over to me, "Why are you?"

"You first," I prompt her.

Ray shakes her head, still grinning like she's caught on a fish hook. "I'm the bride. Tell me."

I roll my eyes at her. It's a line she's used so many times to get her way over the past week. "Fine, but you look like you slept with a hanger in your mouth."

"So do you."

"I got a meeting with Freeform!" I tell her.

Ray's eyes widen, impressed and surprised. "Kelsey Fendler?"

I nod.

"That is pretty cool," she grabs my shoulders, "I assume you're vying for Open Concept?"

I nod a little harder.

Ray shakes me by the shoulders and shrieks, happily. "That's fantastic! You're going to dominate the world! You're going to buy me out one day, aren't you?"

"I'll let you keep your job, though," I tell her.

She sticks her tongue out at me, very maturely.

"Why are you grinning?" I ask her.

"We're having a sleepover!" she tells me, in the same voice that she used to announce to Isa and I, that one of her lectures for the day was cancelled when we were in University.

Despite wanting to appear exasperated, I have to grin wider at her infectious enthusiasm. "Today?"

Ray nods back, exaggeratedly. "I think this calls for a jump-around-the-room kind of celebration."

She grabs me and starts bouncing about the room, shrieking. I bounce with her, laughing too hard to be doing any sort of shrieking.

Ray is listing off all the things that we definitely won't do because the three of us are going to be too busy talking and laughing so loudly that we don't even hear Elliot walk in.