Rons Good News

It's Sunday afternoon and I've recovered completely now. I haven't talked to the trio yet and I'm kind of dreading it. I'm worried they'll be mad at me for what happened. I know it's not my fault that Draco said those things but in a way I feel responsible.

I close the book I'm reading and get up off the common room couch that I've been sinking into all day. Time to make things right.

It's dinner time so I make my way into the great hall and ignore Blaise and Draco's stares as I make my way over to the Gryffindor table and sit down across from Ron and Harry, next to Hermione.

"Hello", I croak in a shaky voice.
"How are you doing?", Ron says with a mouthful of food.
"Not too bad, how about you guys?".
"Better now that we know you're not mad at us", Harry mutters in almost a whisper.
"Mad? Why would I be mad?", I say astonished.
"I didn't talk to you because I reckoned you'd be mad  at me", I look down at my hands.
"(Y/N), why would we be mad!", Hermione exclaims.
"I don't know. I thought because of what Draco did".
"That makes no sense", Ron interrupts waving his hands in the air.
"Why would we be mad at you for something that git did".
"It's just, you know I'm friends with him and I'm sorry about the stuff he said he doesn't think before he opens his mouth", I try to explain.
"Listen (Y/N)", Harry begins, "there's no point you trying to apologize for him. That's not how apologies work. If he was truly sorry he'd tell us himself.".
I sigh. Harry's right.
"I wish you too didn't hate each other so much", I whisper.
"I have my reasons", Harry grunts.

"I'm just glad you're okay", Hermione breaks the tension after a long uncomfortable silence.
"I've missed you guys". I look at Harry in particular as I say this, I can tell he's not happy with me.
He reaches his hand across the table where mine is laying absentmindedly and squeezes it.
"We've missed you too".
I blush and shake my hair out from behind my ears to cover my red cheeks.
"Anything new happen while I was gone?", I ask curiously.
"Not really. Just the same old same old", Hermione murmurs taking a sip of pumpkin juice.
"Oo!", Ron suddenly shouts.
"I actually have good news".
We sit waiting for the news as Ron takes his time, picking up another chicken drumstick and plonking it on his overflowing plate.
"Well?", Hermione questions.
"Well what?", Ron says innocently.
"THE NEWS", Harry shouts whacking Ron on the shoulder with one of his chicken drumsticks.
"Alright alright! Bloody hell".
I laugh at the scene in front of me and Hermione joins in almost falling off her chair.

"Do you want to know or not?", Ron is furious at this point.
"Yes we do", I try and talk as serious as possible but Ron's firm expression throws me off.
"So basically, the school year is almost over so",
"So?", Harry interrupts abruptly.
"Will you let me finish!", Ron squeals.
"For the summer, Mum has invited you all over for as long as you like. I mean it's not really that big at the burrow but it's home", Ron gets shy towards the end of his invitation.
"You don't have to come of course I just thought I'd mention in case.."
"I'm definitely coming. It beats summer with the Dursley's for sure", Harry grins.
"If Harry's going I guess I'd better go to supervise", Hermione jokes.
"And you (Y/N)?", Ron turns to me.
I think it over in my head. I'm sure Mother and Father wouldn't mind and I can still make time to see Draco and Blaise. It would be pretty fun too.
"I'll be there", I smile.
"Brilliant!", Harry turns to Ron, "what are we going to do?".

We discuss for the rest of dinner how we are going to spend our summer. I glance over at my table and see Draco and Blaise both staring at me like I've just murdered someone.
How am I going to tell them I'll be gone all summer?
This is going to be awkward.