Chapter 26

Luoyang Capital

While eating some tanghulu sweets that she bought in the town, she walked home to enjoy the view.

She saw people enjoying their daily life. Several kids playing footballs, laughing and cheering at each other. It is the same as in the modern world. The difference is the technology.

"Umm this is so sweet! Should have buy more!" She bite another caramelised strawberry.

The wonderful moment suddenly interrupted by the sound of a several carriage. It was running so fast that everyone started to scattered.

Xu Ling Ai saw a child standing in the middle of the road. She look at the horse carriage and the child back and forth. No one moves to help him.

"Hey boy! Get to the side!" She screamed at the child.

All of a sudden, that boy fell down. Then she noticed he actually couldn't move. Holding on a bread, he try to catch a breath.

His face turn blue due to out of breath. The carriage coming to his direction in a very rapid pace.

"Gosh! Why me again?" Xu Ling Ai throw away the tanghulu in her hand. She grab the boy in her embrace and pull him to the side road.

The carriage eventually stop at someone's command. But Xu Ling Ai don't have the time to care. She look down at the child. He was choking.

"Son!" A mother ran to their side. She cry thinking that her son got crashed by the carriage. Everyone started to surround them.

"Give him some space!" Xu Ling Ai screamed. She too was panicked. Opening the boy eyes to check and hearing his breathing.

She open his mouth and no breath coming out from there. A bread must have stuck. While the mother keep crying increased the tension. She is afraid she might fail.

"Help me." Xu Ling Ai instructed the mother. She wanted to do abdominal thrusts like in the modern world to expel the food out of his airway.

She stand up and held the boy. Xu Ling Ai stand behind the boy who's choking and place her arms around his waist and bend him forward.

She place her hand right above the boy's belly button while the other hand on top of her fist and pull sharply inwards and upwards.

"Please let it work." She muttered. Repeating the movement for about three times, the bread finally flew out of his mouth.

But she couldn't get relieved to soon as he still not conscious. Laying him back down, she begin with chest compressions. Checking his breath from time to time.

"Wake up boy." She desperately called at the boy. Her forehead was full of sweats and her face full of fear.

Checking his breath once again, it had turn normal again. She then fell back to the ground. She release a heavy relief breath.

"He is fine." Xu Ling Ai said to his mother.

The boy soon open his eyes but in difficulty because he is still weak. The mother hold him in her cradles. The crowd suddenly howl as a sign that they are relief.